• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Team Game Rules of Engagement
03-06-2010, 10:17 AM,
Team Game Rules of Engagement
Are there any standard rules of engagement for team games, especially when reporting the games? The ones I've participated in, player 1 on team one reported a victory against player 1 on team 2, player 2 on team 1 reported against player 2 on team 2, etc. etc.

What happens, though, if team 2 has a dropout and they can't replace him? Does Team 2 have to forfeit a major? Or should the players on team 1 be allowed to post majors against the dropout, since he's the one who's forfeited and messed up the game, and the other Team 2 players walk away as though they never played at all? This sounds fair to me, but on the other hand that would give the dropout multiple losses when he was only playing the one game.

Are there standard rules? Should there be?

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2010, 10:49 AM,
RE: Team Game Rules of Engagement
I usually do two things when that happens............forget about the game.........and most likely don't play anyone on team 2 again......I have learned the hard way to be very fussy about who I play team games with or against.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
03-06-2010, 11:35 AM,
Von E

Amen on your thoughts about team game players! You have to know who you are playing with and how they might interface behind the scenes with other players or teams.

As for scoring a team game, I am of the opinion they should not be scored in the ladder tally as the normal one player against one player scenario for PBEM. Afterall it's a team effort more so than an individual effort and I would have to believe that the ladder records are based largely on one against one or individual game play.

As for effort in a team game you may have in reality one player who did all the work winning the game or losing while the others coasted, yet all benefit from the win/loss equally!? That doesn't sound right that all should get an elevated ladder score for doing little to effect the outcome of the game. Ultimately who is to say what is good or not within a team game, therefore the paradox!

Ivan the Big:smoke:
03-07-2010, 01:11 AM,
The way I've done team games and reporting is to find out at the end who played whom.
Then the match is reported against the opponent I faced. Also, if played as a team game I click the box that reports it as played as a team game.

If a player drops out of the team game, don't the rules of discontinuing play come into effect? You can report a major versus an opponent that walks away from a game?

Concerning those who "coast" through a team game. I've never seen that happen. But, when players are a team they should win or lose as a team?

Just my 2 cents, FWTIW. :soap: Off the box now. ;)

cheers

HSL