• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

M'41_Alt scenario pack now available
03-03-2010, 03:02 AM,
RE: M'41_Alt scenario pack now available
(03-02-2010, 07:08 AM)P.Ako Wrote: Why can't i log into your site? I'm using mozilla firefox and after typing my username/password it tells me that i need to enable cookies, allright, i enable them but after that, the site tells me that i'm no allowed to access that resource???

BTW i also tried with internet explorer.

I have a similar experience with Ed's site. After logging in it tells me that cookies must be enabled (Firefox is set to accept all the cookies) so I have to log in again. After doing that I click on the download or forum sections it recognizes me as being logged in. Although the last few times that I have visited the site it's only required one log in (no cookie message). Go figure.:conf:

Now, after sounding like I'm bitching, I just wanted to thank Ed for his continued efforts in improving the Panzer/Modern Campaigns series.

P.S. This is a question for Jison (or anyone else). Ed added the Belgian (Soviet Navy) & the Netherland (NKVD) folders to the Moscow '41 art pack. I use MapMod in all my PzC/MC games & I was wondering if it's alright to copy the Belgian and Netherland 2DSymbolsLg and Unitbox files from Stalingrad '42 (or Budapest '45) into my Moscow '41 installation? Thanks ...:)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2010, 03:36 AM,
(03-03-2010, 03:02 AM)Gasbag Wrote: P.S. This is a question for Jison (or anyone else). Ed added the Belgian (Soviet Navy) & the Netherland (NKVD) folders to the Moscow '41 art pack. I use MapMod in all my PzC/MC games & I was wondering if it's alright to copy the Belgian and Netherland 2DSymbolsLg and Unitbox files from Stalingrad '42 (or Budapest '45) into my Moscow '41 installation? Thanks ...:)

Gasbag, you can find a fresh update for Moscow '41, wich now includes NKVD and Soviet Naval Infantry, on the MapMod site. Yeah, I know - I'm fast! :rolleyes:

Jison
Send this user an email
03-03-2010, 04:13 AM,
I had the same problem where I downloaded the file only to find it "empty". The way I got around this without downloading any other web browser was to temporarily set security & privacy to "low", login & download the file, and then return the security/privacy settings back to what they were. There's some risk involved, but if you do this for VM's site only, I think it's minimal. Of course, one could scan the downloaded file just to make sure. It worked for me - your mileage may vary.
03-03-2010, 06:34 AM,
Still got the same thing. Maybe you could try to send the zip file to me when you send the next Alamein turn, see if that works.
03-03-2010, 07:35 AM,
In regards to the IE download problem, Stela posted this possible work around (which does appear to work):

If you are using Internet Explorer, go to the "Tools" drop down bar, then select "Compatibility View", then just operate the site as normal.

Maybe that will work for you? If it doesn't try out Firefox -- it works and its FREE. :)
Send this user an email
03-03-2010, 08:37 AM,
(03-03-2010, 07:35 AM)Volcano Man Wrote: In regards to the IE download problem, Stela posted this possible work around (which does appear to work):

If you are using Internet Explorer, go to the "Tools" drop down bar, then select "Compatibility View", then just operate the site as normal.

Maybe that will work for you? If it doesn't try out Firefox -- it works and its FREE. :)
.....or use my work around which is to save (not run) the DL from VMods onto your desktop and unzip the files from there. :)

Either works, take your pick!! Big Grin
03-03-2010, 08:54 AM,
(03-03-2010, 03:36 AM)Jison Wrote:
(03-03-2010, 03:02 AM)Gasbag Wrote: P.S. This is a question for Jison (or anyone else). Ed added the Belgian (Soviet Navy) & the Netherland (NKVD) folders to the Moscow '41 art pack. I use MapMod in all my PzC/MC games & I was wondering if it's alright to copy the Belgian and Netherland 2DSymbolsLg and Unitbox files from Stalingrad '42 (or Budapest '45) into my Moscow '41 installation? Thanks ...:)

Gasbag, you can find a fresh update for Moscow '41, wich now includes NKVD and Soviet Naval Infantry, on the MapMod site. Yeah, I know - I'm fast! :rolleyes:

Jison
Yes you are!:jaw: I visited your page after I posted my message so I didn't see that you had done the update.

Thanks go to you as well for making improvements to the games...:)
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe