• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cheating
03-15-2010, 09:44 AM,
RE: Cheating
(03-14-2010, 11:27 AM)Walrus Wrote: Hey guys...
Since this discussion is about op-fire now...how about starting another thread.

It looks terrible that a thread titled 'Cheating' has been dragging on for 4 pages now.
Especially as there was no actual cheating going on eh.

Cheers
Walrus

I'll second that,;)
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2010, 01:22 PM,
Walrus, dont put your tusks in the beach sand, you old beachmaster, you dont know whether there was or wasnt cheating going on in the "hypothetical" instance I had in my mind when I started this thread. I do know I will only play full security games now, and if a player make excuses not to play full security, then what is one to conclude?
03-15-2010, 06:39 PM,
(03-15-2010, 01:22 PM)Trident Wrote: Walrus, dont put your tusks in the beach sand, you old beachmaster, you dont know whether there was or wasnt cheating going on in the "hypothetical" instance I had in my mind when I started this thread. I do know I will only play full security games now, and if a player make excuses not to play full security, then what is one to conclude?

That he's an easy going guy who doesn't care? Or has all full secure slots in use? Or has bad experience from full security battles (you sometimes can't finish them for various reasons)?
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
03-15-2010, 07:40 PM,
(03-15-2010, 01:22 PM)Trident Wrote: I do know I will only play full security games now, and if a player make excuses not to play full security, then what is one to conclude?

I play more or less all of my games in basic security just for the reason Vesku mentioned. Lots of people use basic security only.

I also thought the error message in 4.0 'basic security' would prevent games in full security based on experience from my first test (which I think was against you), but that probably depended on an erronously installed OOB patch, since it works now in another game.
03-16-2010, 10:26 AM,
Fred said
I also thought the error message in 4.0 'basic security' would prevent games in full security based on experience from my first test (which I think was against you), but that probably depended on an erronously installed OOB patch, since it works now in another game.

No Fred, it is a bug in the v4.0 WW2.
It shows an error when using Basic security when there is none.
It has zero effect on a Full Security game.
It has nothing to do with the new OOB patch...whic I found out after much wasting of my time :-(

It will be fixed in the next patch (I hope).

@ Trident
Walrus, dont put your tusks in the beach sand, you old beachmaster, you dont know whether there was or wasnt cheating going on in the "hypothetical" instance I had in my mind when I started this thread.

Fair enough...but this thread seemed to have move a long way away from a discussion on cheating.
My point was that if you were going to have a 4 page discussion on Op-fire it would be best if it wasn't done in a thread labeled Cheating.
It looks terrible, and is also not the way to use the forum correctly.
If the discussion is still about cheating related issues...then bang away.

Cheers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?