• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scenario editor
02-24-2010, 04:57 AM,
Scenario editor
I remember when I started working with Paul's scenario editor, back when Punic Wars was in development. I was used to working in Tiller's style of editors for, what seemed live, forever.

So at first with Paul I was....oh man, what the heck, why, why, why! Big Grin
I felt like I was beating my head against the wall. I wanted to make scenarios the way I did in the other editor, but time passed, and I kept playing with the Ancient Wars editor, and guess what?

I like it better now that JT's! hehehe...

It's so much simpler. I just open the editor, select a map, and start putting units on the field, label, modify and organize them any way I feel like, and save it all to one file: the .scn file. That's it! Easy as pie!

The other editor requires you to have a .oob file with all the labeling, most of the unit characteristic's, and the overall organization done before starting to make the scenario, so if you discover you need to reassign troops to different leaders or higher formations, you have to open a text editor, make the changes, save, then start all over again in the scenario editor.

With Paul's, you just reassign group numbers, or make new groups, or add a leader, or delete whatever you need. Very clean, very simple.

Of course its best if you have a plan before you open the editor. hehehe...

So my hat is off to Paul! I encourage all to open the editor and play around with it. It, as all programs, has a learning curve, but the effort learning it is worth it!
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
Quote this message in a reply