• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Korea '50 preview
02-23-2010, 07:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2010, 07:57 AM by P.Ako.)
Korea '50 preview
As many of you could have deduce from my recent activity, i've been working in a mod for Korea 85 but this time covering the original korean war, from June 25th 1950 to 27th july 1953.

Due to the limitations of the map, is not possible to recreate every battle of the conflict but i'll try to include as many as possible.

I started with the easiest scenario, called "race to Pusan" which covers the initial invasion of North Korea and the futile counter attack of the Task Force Smith among others because this scenario covers from June 25th 1950 until July 27th 1950.

One last thing, i've read in some web about the korean war that the Kuomintang offered McArthur to send some contingent to korea. But McArthur refused because the KMT troops were poorly equipped and trained. However i've been thinking to include them like some kind of ahistorical intervention which would also trigger the appearance of a new Chinese army corp but this time equipped with some of their old equipment like the Japanese tanks captured by the commies. Cool isn't it?

EDIT: In order to see completely the screenshots, scroll to the right at the bottom of the thread please.

EDIT2: Oh! and BTW, if anyone want to help, please PM me or use this thread. Thank you.

And now, for the eye candy:

[Image: screenshot3a.jpg]

[Image: screenshot2lt.jpg]

[Image: screenshotwt.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2010, 10:12 AM,
RE: Korea '50 preview
OK, I'm gonna keep pursuing this even though I would like to have actual names. Email me if you like... I have alot of oob info, but you might already have the same books I have?

Mike
02-23-2010, 08:49 PM,
(02-23-2010, 10:12 AM)Warhorse Wrote: OK, I'm gonna keep pursuing this even though I would like to have actual names. Email me if you like... I have alot of oob info, but you might already have the same books I have?

Mike

Ok i'll send you an email with what i've done or redone in these days and another one with the document that i found in internet about the korean war.

BTW, what do you think about my ahistorical proposal of including Kuomintang troops in the game?
02-23-2010, 11:57 PM,
Great job Pako, looks fine the mod, well, i am not a fan of Bolt Art (prefer Jison map and counters) but looks fantastic... at least the part i can see hehehe the forum give problems with attached images, if you are goint to put more images add it as tiny images :kill:

Well cant say nothing more than great job and waiting your superb mod :bow:
02-24-2010, 06:24 PM,
(02-23-2010, 11:57 PM)Xaver Wrote: Great job Pako, looks fine the mod, well, i am not a fan of Bolt Art (prefer Jison map and counters) but looks fantastic... at least the part i can see hehehe the forum give problems with attached images, if you are goint to put more images add it as tiny images :kill:

Well cant say nothing more than great job and waiting your superb mod :bow:

Thank for the praise.

What do you think about the inclusion of Kuomintang thing?
02-24-2010, 09:10 PM,
Ummm depends, Kuomintang as a minor allied could be fine but if i was you i add then as operational reinforcement, i dont remember now is MC has events but i think that if China conquest x city you can select them as emergency reinforcements but not in ROK structure, i add then as USA second line troops in brigade units that can be attached to USA or Briths divisions... ummm is possible attach units from diferent armies???

Well, waiting more information :bow:
02-25-2010, 06:10 AM,
Ok then, more Eye candy..., here goes a Churchill III in the unitbox.bmp that i created:

[Image: churchilliii.jpg]

a marine in a LVT-A4 with the background of the USMC "nationality"

[Image: marinelvta4.jpg]

And the marine M-26 Pershing:

[Image: marinem26.jpg]

Obviously all of these images are for trial purposes only, the marines will not have an unit containing 789 tanks!
02-25-2010, 06:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-25-2010, 06:45 AM by Bushido.)
Pako,

splendid stuff! I never understood why HPS not did the Korea war in '50.

So fantastic that You do it. Also superb unit graphic that is important

for me.
02-25-2010, 07:48 AM,
(02-25-2010, 06:10 AM)P.Ako Wrote: Ok then, more Eye candy..., here goes a Churchill III in the unitbox.bmp that i created:

[Image: churchilliii.jpg]

a marine in a LVT-A4 with the background of the USMC "nationality"

[Image: marinelvta4.jpg]

And the marine M-26 Pershing:

[Image: marinem26.jpg]

Obviously all of these images are for trial purposes only, the marines will not have an unit containing 789 tanks!

Yes good graphics, someone is learning quickly.
Rangers Lead the Way
02-26-2010, 12:24 AM,
Nice work Pako, mod has a great look cheers