• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Boat Icons for tanks
02-21-2010, 09:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2010, 09:39 AM by Gila.)
RE: Boat Icons for tanks
(02-21-2010, 07:32 AM)klanx171 Wrote: I copiued my 3.5 folder (so i could keep running 3.5 games if I want) then ran the 4.0 install into the new folder.

What i got was that the main menu for setting up battles had flags from MBT not WW2 (ie federal germany not nazi germany) also in the scenario list some of the scenarios had names from MBT but the battle description was still the actual battle.

Then when I played a test battle a russian T-34 showed up as a barge, other units I saw were same as but also some of the souds were missing.

I think I will do the whole thing again and see what I get as I know my 3.5 was fine, as soon as I started 4.0 it was looking funny with the flags and the scenarios.

Klanx,
All joking aside,did you upgrade while games were in progress?
That's a certain mess and can't be fixed unless you do uninstall>full install with upgrades.
Or as Cross pointed out,by mistake upgraded MBT to WW2 folder?
Either way looks like WW2 4.0 maybe unplayable until a scrap is done then you'll be virgin but games will still be saved i'm almost certain.
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2010, 10:26 AM,
I didnt upgrade while games were in progress but possibly I somehow got the MBT and WW2 upgrades mixed, Im not sure how but it could have happened (as they are in different folders) but since I have reinstalled it the problems have gone so i am going to write it off as a screw up on my part, false alarm guys:conf::(
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
02-22-2010, 05:54 AM,
Make sure the game didn't upgrade your MBT instead, which the short cut would still point too. Go directly into your WW2 game and run the EXE and see what version comes up. Do the same for MBT.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha