• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A NIfty Trick... (using Groups)
03-20-2010, 03:35 AM,
RE: A NIfty Trick... (using Groups)
(03-20-2010, 03:00 AM)Al Amos Wrote: I was thinking of Crastinus as well, that's funny.

We're having a weird psychic overlap, Al. :eek1: First the blog idea, now Crastinus! Big Grin As long as the ESP channel is open, please send me some of your scenario-designing ingenuity! ;)

Quote:The Gauls had Gaesatae which are sometimes described having beserk behavior. Thier leaders should go 'battle mad' with them, wouldn't they?

I suppose some of that is reflected by the Ferocity Bonus but I don't think that goes far enough. Worth thinking about. There are other unique features to some of the Barbs that it would be fun to incorporate into the game too, e.g., Tacitus wrote about some weird German tribe that liked to fight at night and they'd paint themselves and their weapons entirely black. Supposedly they just scared the hell out of everybody. It would be interesting to have a night scenario against them!

Quote:Crastinus was performing some sort of religious act, a devotion or something. So, maybe a leader with a 'zealot' level could be somewhat unstable?

Yeah, that's just it. It was a suicidal rite to placate the Underworld or Mars and bring victory through sacrifice. It would have to be done at the start of the battle but by Crastinus' day it was probably so archaic and little used that it would be implausible to set it up as a general rule. I think it would have to be a one-off "Crastinus Rule" specifically for Pharsalus. He was a one-of-a-kind sort of guy, I guess.

Tim
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2010, 03:41 PM,
RE: A NIfty Trick... (using Groups)
Thanks Al and Paul for your answers. The system is indeed growing richer in the depth of detail.

I do like the idea of a leader being "swept away" by a routing unit the leader is stacked with. Some small measure of uncontrolled results would fit in nicely with the ancients period.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
Quote this message in a reply