• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Problems with bte/zip files + JTCS and/or Windows 7?
02-16-2010, 02:52 AM,
RE: Problems with bte/zip files + JTCS and/or Windows 7?
It has to be something with the machines. I'm very sytematic as well and am getting the same thing with a couple of Steel Panthers games and one in PzCs.
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2010, 03:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2010, 03:34 AM by Crossroads.)
(02-16-2010, 02:52 AM)Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote: It has to be something with the machines. I'm very sytematic as well and am getting the same thing with a couple of Steel Panthers games and one in PzCs.

Do you use a 3rd party zip tool or the default Microsoft utility?

Here's hoping my last turn I just sent to you was corrupt and I get to play it again ... :smoke:

No, seriously, this is a very annoying thing and is driving me nuts as I cannot pinpoint whether it is a computer glitch or something I have messed up. :curse:

At least it now seems that I am not utterly insane and only imagining things? :conf:
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-18-2010, 11:50 AM,
All,

I am getting this too. I email my PBEM game to my opponent and I have WIN 7 64 bit and after a few turns eventually he gets "cannot open battle file" error. We have not been able to finish a PBEM game yet.
Send this user an email
06-18-2010, 01:01 PM,
Have you tried using winzip? Been using it for years with all my Windows versions, including Win 7, 64 bit. Never had a problem yet. Don't care for the Windows zip utilities and Winzip tells you it's overwriting a previous zip file (turn). My be worth a try... Free download, at least for a while.
06-18-2010, 03:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2010, 03:57 PM by Crossroads.)
Cannot open battle files -error (Error reading battle file, or what is the exact error message again?) could also mean that you have forgotten to push Next Turn before sending the file. The file is still presenting your turn, with your password protection, and the error would mean his password does not work on your turn.

As for the encryption problems, I would suggest you (and anyone using W7?) follow Pz. Korps' advice and choose a "real" encryption programme. I haven't had any problems after having switched to 7zip.

Hope this helps
Visit us at CSLegion.com
06-19-2010, 07:14 AM,
As I was reading this I found myself thinking it's too bad we couldn't just upoad the file to a server somewhere and then have the opponent download the link. Then it dawned on me the new site gives us that capability. Go here: https://www.theblitz.club/control_panel/action=my_files

Upload your file. Click the file and you'll get a list of options. Send your opponent the link. If this works for you, you just need to remember to clean out old files from time to time.

[Image: d2ed48d97dblitz_upload_image_screen.jpg]

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email