• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Waterloo Large Campaign No Units Fixed:
02-08-2010, 06:11 AM,
RE: Waterloo Large Campaign No Units Fixed:
(02-08-2010, 05:40 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: You might also want to know that ALL the historical scenarios in HPS WL are wholly imaginary. Unfortunately the designer was busy with other projects, or something, and just threw them together and managed to fool everyone at HPS; none of whom checked his work and all of whom are still in denial about the fraud. Prinz von Egan

Wow!

I've looked at buying the HPS games for Napoleonics and American Civil War but something about them turns me off...
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2010, 06:29 AM,
RE: Waterloo Large Campaign No Units Fixed:
(02-08-2010, 06:11 AM)Captain General Wrote:
(02-08-2010, 05:40 AM)jonnymacbrown Wrote: You might also want to know that ALL the historical scenarios in HPS WL are wholly imaginary. Unfortunately the designer was busy with other projects, or something, and just threw them together and managed to fool everyone at HPS; none of whom checked his work and all of whom are still in denial about the fraud. Prinz von Egan

Wow!

I've looked at buying the HPS games for Napoleonics and American Civil War but something about them turns me off...

The Napoleonic games are the best out there despite the problems. One problem is the graphics which are hard on the eyes and I can't figure out why you can't have a man on a horse for your cavalry units. The maps are good and all the designers are dedicated; the one oddball being Charlie Crutshall who really screwed up Waterloo. But there are alternative scenarios out there, like the one cited above which is a really good Waterloo campaign scenario. Prinz von E
Quote this message in a reply