• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Eagles Strike European Add-On Problem
02-01-2010, 05:34 AM,
Eagles Strike European Add-On Problem
I guess this post is mainly addressed to Ozgur... I am planning some scenarios about Juno Beach, and I was hoping to use the add on's Canadian unit graphics, but I can't get them to work. When I try a scenario with the included Canadian OOB, the graphics also don't work for it. I think the problem may be that the Canadians aren't included as a nationality in the OOB Editor, but since the British, French and Italians are, I'm hoping it isn't too difficult to add them, if this is the fix.. If anyone can hlep me out, I'd appreciate it.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2010, 06:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010, 06:32 AM by Ozgur Budak.)
RE: Eagles Strike European Add-On Problem
(02-01-2010, 05:34 AM)Mad_Dog Wrote: I guess this post is mainly addressed to Ozgur... I am planning some scenarios about Juno Beach, and I was hoping to use the add on's Canadian unit graphics, but I can't get them to work. When I try a scenario with the included Canadian OOB, the graphics also don't work for it. I think the problem may be that the Canadians aren't included as a nationality in the OOB Editor, but since the British, French and Italians are, I'm hoping it isn't too difficult to add them, if this is the fix.. If anyone can hlep me out, I'd appreciate it.

I dont have the mod installed but as far as I know the Canadians are there.
02-01-2010, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010, 07:13 AM by Mad_Dog.)
If I want to start a new division, I can't choose Canadians as the nationality. There is American, American Airborne, British, etc. Here is a picture:
And here is what it looks like when I use the Canadian Company OOB that is included with the mod. All of the graphics necessary are there, but I think you can't use them unless you can choose the Canadians as a nationality. I looked around, but I can't figure out where to do that.

Attached Files
.jpg   OOBEditor01.jpg (Size: 74.07 KB / Downloads: 3)
.jpg   SQBEdit01.jpg (Size: 345.49 KB / Downloads: 5)

02-01-2010, 07:24 AM,
(02-01-2010, 07:07 AM)Mad_Dog Wrote: If I want to start a new division, I can't choose Canadians as the nationality. There is American, American Airborne, British, etc. Here is a picture:
And here is what it looks like when I use the Canadian Company OOB that is included with the mod. All of the graphics necessary are there, but I think you can't use them unless you can choose the Canadians as a nationality. I looked around, but I can't figure out where to do that.

The first pic shows the absence of infobox and tile counters. You can copy and paste the contents of the canadian folder of the korean war.

According to the second pic the mod has no canadian nationality though. It's been a long time since I last looked at that mode. Do you have a Canadian folder under the main folder?
02-01-2010, 07:47 AM,
Yes, I do, with all of the graphics inside it. Does the program take the nationalities from the folders inside the main folder?

02-01-2010, 10:10 AM,
I fixed it Oz. The Canadian subfolder in the ES main folder was named 'Canada', and with a stroke of genius I changed it to 'Canadian'. Then I was able to choose the Canadian nationality in the OOB editor. Any idea why that worked?

02-01-2010, 04:41 PM,
(02-01-2010, 10:10 AM)Mad_Dog Wrote: I fixed it Oz. The Canadian subfolder in the ES main folder was named 'Canada', and with a stroke of genius I changed it to 'Canadian'. Then I was able to choose the Canadian nationality in the OOB editor. Any idea why that worked?

Spelling is vital in SB nationalities to work. I am glad it worked. Frank was the guy who edited the nationalities in this one. I mainly provided dats, oob and scenarios. I dont have much info on that aspect, sorry.
02-03-2010, 11:53 AM,
I'm enjoying the scenarios. Finished 'Road to Marseille', very tough for the French, and I'm in the middle of Alpine Bolt as the Italians. Don't know what will happen there yet...