• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Games ( well new updated Scn )
02-01-2010, 12:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010, 09:21 AM by Dog Soldier.)
New Games ( well new updated Scn )
Hi All,

I have just posted two new games , both are re balanced after full PBEM testing to make for a challenge for both sides.

EA 42 Campaign now on Version 3

Minsk 44 Campaign version 1

I have spent a long time on them any comments on the alterations are welcome, in general they are based upon the alt versions of each game ( With thanks to the Original Designers and VM for the alt versions). The most important point is that the player of each side has a chance to better history for a victory for the ladder.

Michael Smith
Jan 2010

Removed attached files and replaced with links to files in the scenario mods forum. This reduces clutter of having the files stored in two places.
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2010, 10:39 PM,
RE: New Games ( well new updated Scn )
Hi All

Hope one or two of you downloaded them, take a look around at them , please advise me of any errors or suggested improvements.

There is a serious aversion to non Official scn amendments but so much feedback is available in the results section - hundreds of hours of play, its an understandable shame.

Any comments to improve these scn are welcome. The two games ( both excellent in their original ways ) I have amended are pretty balanced now. If you play the official version one side or the other has no chance ( esp in M44 ). I realised After 50 turns of Minsk I would suffer a decisive defeat but carried on making notes as I went. HPS / JT produce a great system but the scn play balance is driven by limited time I feel to actually play the scn. I do not imagine they have time to play the campaigns PBEM before publishing?

Please correct me if I am wrong

Anyway I just started my first PBEM Minsk and will let you know how we come along.

Cav
02-05-2010, 11:51 PM,
(02-05-2010, 10:39 PM)cavalry corps Wrote: Hi All

Hope one or two of you downloaded them, take a look around at them , please advise me of any errors or suggested improvements.

I'll download them as soon as I figure out how to log in!:conf:

Minsk was the first PzC I ever played and while I enjoy it I feel the same as you, the game is over early and it basically becomes an exercise in moving all the units west.
02-06-2010, 01:11 AM,
(02-05-2010, 10:39 PM)cavalry corps Wrote: I do not imagine they have time to play the campaigns PBEM before publishing?

You are wrong - everything is played before it is published. But everything is not optimized for PBEM before being published.

Glenn
Send this user an email
02-06-2010, 02:15 AM,
(02-06-2010, 01:11 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(02-05-2010, 10:39 PM)cavalry corps Wrote: I do not imagine they have time to play the campaigns PBEM before publishing?

You are wrong - everything is played before it is published. But everything is not optimized for PBEM before being published.

Glenn

No wonder it takes so long between titles!
02-09-2010, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM by Indragnir.)
Hi Michael,

Great work here.

Some questions:
is intentional Feldherrnhalle and 20th PzD's Pz Btls have a maximum force of 18 tanks?
02-09-2010, 11:27 PM,
Decision in russia, red blood white snow,... etc your mods have been always special and interesting ones. Keep up the great work Michael :2guns::thumbs_up:
02-11-2010, 02:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2010, 02:51 AM by cavalry corps.)
(02-06-2010, 02:15 AM)James Ward Wrote:
(02-06-2010, 01:11 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:

Glenn

No wonder it takes so long between titles!

I did mean PBEM only the AI is only as good as any other AI
Cav
(02-09-2010, 08:35 PM)Indragnir Wrote: Hi Michael,

Great work here.

Some questions:
is intentional Feldherrnhalle and 20th PzD's Pz Btls have a maximum force of 18 tanks?

Actually I let the FHH have a higher finished total as this unit was refitting, so it can receive a few more tanks if it is rested ( also note B morale for the same reason ) Not sure I changed anything about 20PZD
(02-05-2010, 11:51 PM)James Ward Wrote:
(02-05-2010, 10:39 PM)cavalry corps Wrote: Hi All

I'll download them as soon as I figure out how to log in!:conf:

Minsk was the first PzC I ever played and while I enjoy it I feel the same as you, the game is over early and it basically becomes an exercise in moving all the units west.

Not now. Of coarse the Russians are on a rampage but they have no time to rest. I have started another game as Germans and found that I am loathed to quickly abandon the defences without a fight ( just as it was) .

Hope you will give it a good look over and advise your comments
(02-09-2010, 11:27 PM)von Waldenburg Wrote: Decision in russia, red blood white snow,... etc your mods have been always special and interesting ones. Keep up the great work Michael :2guns::thumbs_up:

Thanks Sir
Actually those scn are now kind of deleted as newer rules etc spoilt them. I am working on two other big hypothetical scn using whole maps but they are a long way off.
I found an oob issue and here is a comment or two on artillery in the game

Did not change guns to heavy art as needed, that is an error. Now fixed for V2 or you can simply replace the oob with a new one

I had in line with the VM ALT theory changing selected guns to heavies restricts the flexability a bit especially for the Russian ( which I like ) . the art set up in this is based upon the idea that Russian artillery is for opening offensives not a rolling wave of death on every turn its set up.

So set up is 40% ( 10% 1941, 20% 42, 30% 43 and 40% 44-45 ) BUT in mosty of my games it sets up stockpiled . The reason for this is also that the Russians were good at pre defining targets for obliteration.After that its 15%.

German art also sets up stockpiled as firing in known postions but stockpiling afterward is only 5%

If you feel its important enough ( which it probably is) I will send you a new oob or it will wait until version 2. There was also one HQ command range error fixed ( too short).

sorry for any typos

Cav
02-11-2010, 04:05 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2010, 04:20 AM by James Ward.)
(02-11-2010, 02:32 AM)cavalry corps Wrote: Actually I let the FHH have a higher finished total as this unit was refitting, so it can receive a few more tanks if it is rested ( also note B morale for the same reason ) Not sure I changed anything about 20PZD

You might want to double check them if you did not mean to change the strength.
In your scenario FHH units have 6 tanks and are at 66% strength. In the origianl scenario they start with 12 and 19 tanks and at 100% strength. In your scenario the tank units of the 20th PD begin with 6 tanks and are 100% strength. In the original versions they are either 23 or 24 tanks and are at 100% strength.
I am still showing wired bridges. Your notes say this has been removed.
There are 3 pdt's, the standard one, the Alt one (for VM mods) and Alt_RL in my Minsk folder. Does the scenario automatically choose your pdt when opening?
02-11-2010, 04:28 PM,
(02-11-2010, 04:05 AM)James Ward Wrote: ......Does the scenario automatically choose your pdt when opening?

A scenario file should have a designated pdt file. It is always a one to one relationship. You can open the scenario file in the editor and see if the correct pdt file is listed. Same for the map and OOB files.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp