• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

firing more than one unit
01-28-2010, 05:04 PM,
firing more than one unit
I have noticed that you can fire more than one unit at the same time at a target hex.Is this just a waste or can are there any benefits ?
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2010, 07:28 PM,
RE: firing more than one unit
The main benefit is your entire stack, if fired as a stack instead of one at a time, gets to fire at full effect before the enemy returns fire.
If units are fired one at a time other units in your stack may be Disrupted by enemy return fire before they get a chance to fire themselves !

I tend to use the "Fire by Stack" if I'm facing something "Tasty". For example in MC Danube, I fire WP armour by the stack if they're facing M1's, Leop 2's or Challengers as when the return fire comes its usually very nasty and Disrupts one or more units in the WP stack.
01-28-2010, 11:39 PM,
I believe the fire is computed as if each unit fired individually so you have more chances to Disrupt and less chances of return fire if you fire the whole stack at once.
01-29-2010, 03:42 AM,
thank you for the input, but one thing I have found is that if I fire each unit separate the casualties are more than if you fire all together.
01-29-2010, 03:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2010, 11:33 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
(01-29-2010, 03:42 AM)Bidermann Wrote: thank you for the input, but one thing I have found is that if I fire each unit separate the casualties are more than if you fire all together.

Statisically, I am not sure you could support your observation. Every shot is a die roll so your mileage may vary - thus you would have to do several repititions of ten shots Stack vs single units. Same shot vs same target.

...and then your results may be tainted because some of the single shots will result in OP fire which can cause disruption to other units before they fire.

There has been many discussion on the effects and the differences but I don't think there is any conclusive results.

I will tell you I have fired single shots at a time in an effort to cause a disruption before assaulting, only to have one of my planned assaulting unit disrupt with opt fire. So looking at the big picture - there are pros and cons to each approach.

Glenn

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-30-2010, 05:54 PM,
Thank you, I will keep all the advice in mind.:-)