• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Which of these PzC would you like the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tunisia '43
29.87%
23 29.87%
Berlin '45
16.88%
13 16.88%
Yugoslavia '41
1.30%
1 1.30%
Crimea '41
7.79%
6 7.79%
Norway '40
12.99%
10 12.99%
Operation Dragoon '44
1.30%
1 1.30%
Rhine Crossing '45
10.39%
8 10.39%
Poland '44
19.48%
15 19.48%
Total 77 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which of these PzC would you like to see?
01-29-2010, 11:40 AM,
RE: Which of these PzC would you like to see?
I would like to see Poland 44 the invasion of Romania pretty much anything from the Ostfront. the Rhine Crossing would be cool but Sealion 40...YAWN!!! maybe Tunisia but I get it handed to me every time I play a desert game so that one is low on my list :smoke:
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2010, 02:44 PM,
Mine would be

1 The Drive in Poland in 44 from the Vistula to the Oder
2 Battles in East Prussia in 44-45
3 Destruction of the German 6th Army in Romania
4 Leningrad you have 4 years worth of fighting there
5 Kiev 41
6 Final Offensive battle for Berlin
7 Initial offensive Army Group North in 41
8 Encirclement and rescue of the 1st Pz Army in southern Ukraine in 44.

As you can guess I heavily favor the Eastern Front the Western Front was basically a side show.The Russians Killed wounded or captured 8 out of 10 German soldiers that fought during the war
01-29-2010, 11:33 PM,
(01-27-2010, 02:53 AM)P.Ako Wrote:
(01-27-2010, 12:50 AM)Templar Wrote: We seem to be missing my personal choice: Sea Lion '40

Don't you think that there are still plenty of historical battles to cover before entering in the ahistorical ones?

Well, Sea Lion is a unique opportunity. Although it is a battle which never happened, there is a lot of detailed information available about plans and OOBs for both sides available, as if two people set up a map board and counters and then walked away. So, unlike all the other battles where we are some times unconsciously constrained by history, this is a blank slate. We know where the pieces were at the start, but there's no historical road map to follow. I find that opportunity fascinating, and some what unique.

Besides I've had a personal interest in the battle that didn't happen for a long long time. But hey, I voted for Norway and I seem to be in the minority there too. I guess hordes of T34s just bores me to tears.
01-30-2010, 06:59 AM,
The Germans planned on using alot of paratroopers for Sealion. on the other hand it might make for some interesting battles.
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
01-30-2010, 11:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2010, 11:37 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
Good thread guys! Makes for interesting reading but the poll list has been ammeded so many times the result isn't valid anymore - really.

But, now that you got everyones titles listed - why don't you REDO the POLL

This time however, include with the Title the Map size in total hexes - area determined from length x width in hexes and perhaps the Campaign Length allowing for ten turns per day.

Example

Poland '39 300,000 hexes 300 turns

This way people could tell if the title really held the appeal they first thought it might.

...and I know Poland '39 wasn't on the list. I chose it intentionaly as I didn't want to dis or pick on any one idea. But just so everyone keeps an eye on the SCALE - this "Poland 39" would cover THREE TIMES the area and be THREE TIMES as long as the Kursk 43 FULL CAMPAIGN Game. And the Poles got hammered so do it really hold appeal?

With this added info peopl could make informed votes and perhaps separate what is within the realm of possibly. Again - I don't want to pick on any one title here but one suggestion in the list involved a country that is ~2000 km long and made up of largely uninhabited wilderness land.

I really encourage all to have a serious look at the titles but NOT without considering size. What I mean is this for example - Barbarrossa '41 would be crazy. But "Army Group Center '41" might not be. Here again I am just picking names out of a hat here and not selecting anything from the list that was proposed.

..... so why not redo the Poll .... if your really serious about this poll idea.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-30-2010, 11:56 AM,
(01-30-2010, 11:37 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: I really encourage all to have a serious look at the titles but NOT without considering size. What I mean is this for example - Barbarrossa '41 would be crazy. But "Army Group Center '41" might not be. Here again I am just picking names out of a hat here and not selecting anything from the list that was proposed.

..... so why not redo the Poll .... if your really serious about this poll idea.

Glenn

Hmmm....I suspect the fighting in the south up to Kiev would be the most "Panzer" given how good a fight the Russians put up. It wasn't until Guderian turned his Panzers south in Sept/Oct did the Germans break the Russian line at Kiev in '41.
01-30-2010, 08:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-30-2010, 08:08 PM by P.Ako.)
(01-30-2010, 11:37 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: Good thread guys! Makes for interesting reading but the poll list has been ammeded so many times the result isn't valid anymore - really.

This time however, include with the Title the Map size in total hexes - area determined from length x width in hexes and perhaps the Campaign Length allowing for ten turns per day.

Example

This way people could tell if the title really held the appeal they first thought it might.

...and I know Poland '39 wasn't on the list. I chose it intentionaly as I didn't want to dis or pick on any one idea. But just so everyone keeps an eye on the SCALE - this "Poland 39" would cover THREE TIMES the area and be THREE TIMES as long as the Kursk 43 FULL CAMPAIGN Game. And the Poles got hammered so do it really hold appeal?

With this added info peopl could make informed votes and perhaps separate what is within the realm of possibly. Again - I don't want to pick on any one title here but one suggestion in the list involved a country that is ~2000 km long and made up of largely uninhabited wilderness land.

I really encourage all to have a serious look at the titles but NOT without considering size. What I mean is this for example - Barbarrossa '41 would be crazy. But "Army Group Center '41" might not be. Here again I am just picking names out of a hat here and not selecting anything from the list that was proposed.

Glenn

I suppose then that the only feasible titles by map size would be:

-Tunisia (cover only the mid northern part)
-Berlin
-Crimea (26200 square kilometres... 26200 terrain hexagons 300 turns?)
-Operation dragoon
-The soviet ofensive towards vistula
-Operation Sea Lion (covering only the south eastern part of UK) --> Althought i think that there are another important titles to cover first.
-A map covering from the gothic line to the south.
-Kiev/Belarus 41 or 43-44

the ones posted by Landser34:

Landser34 Wrote:1 The Drive in Poland in 44 from the Vistula to the Oder
2 Battles in East Prussia in 44-45
3 Destruction of the German 6th Army in Romania
4 Leningrad you have 4 years worth of fighting there
5 Kiev 41
6 Final Offensive battle for Berlin
7 Initial offensive Army Group North in 41
8 Encirclement and rescue of the 1st Pz Army in southern Ukraine in 44.

and the operations proposed by Huib Versloot:

Huib Versloot Wrote:-Veritable
-Grenade
-Blockbuster
-Plunder/ Varsity

BTW, glenn i made also a similar thread about possible MC titles, could take a look and give us your opinion please?

The URL to the thread is this one:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=54429
01-31-2010, 03:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-31-2010, 03:37 AM by James Ward.)
(01-30-2010, 11:37 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: Good thread guys! Makes for interesting reading but the poll list has been ammeded so many times the result isn't valid anymore - really.

Example

Glenn

I don't know much about making these games. Which is the most difficult (time consming) part, the map, the OOB or finding the correct situation (battle) that fits the game engine?
01-31-2010, 03:37 AM,
Pardon the pun, but I don't think size should matter :) Large maps lend a lot to what if situations. To have a scenario covering all of North African camp would be great as wll as Italy from the Toe to the Po, as well as some EF areas. I'd even like to see all of France in 1940 including border with Itlay, all of Belgium and Netherlands too. Norway is also interesting, but seems like it could be part of France 40 as separate scenarios like the Anzio title or as a map inset with strategic choices that could affect France 40, like a what if scenario where Norway was invaded same time as France or the axis and allies having the option of what forces to commit. Same for North Africa with options that the Brit may commit other forces to support Greece instead of pulling the ones out of Libya or what to commit to East Africa and the Middle East. Those could be map insets like Malta to conduct operations and maybe an area for a reserve pool of units in the not too far away places that could be pulled into North Africa if the players think they need them. Maybe cost victory points for pulling a unit in sooner than it normally would have if it is ready early along with an intel message to your opps that may or may not be correct or partially correct.

There goes my brain acting alone again. <slaps forehead>

If you make it, they will play!

Anyway, thanks to Glen and gang for everything they have done and will do in the future. If not for ya'll and the Blitz, I would be a raisin on the grapevine.
01-31-2010, 03:44 AM,
would mention leningrad again, the various operations to take and relieve the city would be very doable and Army Group North (and the Finns for that matter) has not been featured yet in the series

also Manchuria / Khalkin Gol (although it may not be that much fun to play the Japanese)