• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: Which of these PzC would you like the most?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Tunisia '43
29.87%
23 29.87%
Berlin '45
16.88%
13 16.88%
Yugoslavia '41
1.30%
1 1.30%
Crimea '41
7.79%
6 7.79%
Norway '40
12.99%
10 12.99%
Operation Dragoon '44
1.30%
1 1.30%
Rhine Crossing '45
10.39%
8 10.39%
Poland '44
19.48%
15 19.48%
Total 77 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which of these PzC would you like to see?
01-25-2010, 10:07 AM,
RE: Which of these PzC would you like to see?
These choices would all be fun to play in their own way, but I think Norway '40 would have some quite compelling scenarios!
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2010, 11:54 AM,
there is plenty more on the EF

Barbarossa / Army Group Central
Barbarossa / Army Group South
Army group North's approach to Leningrad and the Soviet counterattack
the subsequent Soviet operations to liberate Leningrad
the 1942 soviet offensives at voreneszh
the caucuses campaign
the moscow counteroffensive
Kalkhin Gol / Manchuria
01-26-2010, 10:04 AM,
I voted for Tunisia '43, seems a no-brainer.

But Poland 44' could be nice too. In the autumn of 1944, the Red Army almost completely ceased operations in Poland. The front was pretty much static at the Vistula from August 44 to January 45, owing to the fact that Stalin had made the push into the Balkans a top priority. The Soviet Union had a massive army, but it wasn't massive enough to allow a push all across the front, hence the stop that Jukov and Rokossovsky had to made, especially after Bagration. That opens the door of a lot of what-ifs: what if the Wehrmacht had moved important forces from the Western front to the East, allowing the Allies to reach the Rhine faster of course, but also allowing a powerful German counter-attack to recapture Poland and East Prussia ? Would have been a desperate move but still very interesting to analyze and play out...
01-26-2010, 07:48 PM,
(01-26-2010, 10:04 AM)Czar Wrote: I voted for Tunisia '43, seems a no-brainer.

But Poland 44' could be nice too. In the autumn of 1944, the Red Army almost completely ceased operations in Poland. The front was pretty much static at the Vistula from August 44 to January 45, owing to the fact that Stalin had made the push into the Balkans a top priority. The Soviet Union had a massive army, but it wasn't massive enough to allow a push all across the front, hence the stop that Jukov and Rokossovsky had to made, especially after Bagration. That opens the door of a lot of what-ifs: what if the Wehrmacht had moved important forces from the Western front to the East, allowing the Allies to reach the Rhine faster of course, but also allowing a powerful German counter-attack to recapture Poland and East Prussia ? Would have been a desperate move but still very interesting to analyze and play out...

Yes, it's obvious that Tunisia is the easiest one to do due to the amount of info available (BTW as a poster said before it would be nice to include the Torch landings and the combat against Vichy france forces (it was small but... there was).

About Poland i think that a map covering until Vistula river wuld be enoguh, don't you think?

Your post give me an idea about... it would also be interesting to see a game covering the russian attack on Romania bulgaria and part of Yugoslavia wouldn't it?
01-27-2010, 12:35 AM,
I would opt for Rhinecrossing 1945. But I would want to make it myself (as I already have done all the research for CS and have all ww2 period source maps and lots of literature)

In such a game you would have no less than 4-5 major operations:
-Veritable
-Grenade
-Blockbuster
-Plunder/ Varsity
With the US crossings further south included, it would be even more.

It could be a magnificent title with lot's of 'what if' possibilities as well.

Huib
01-27-2010, 12:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2010, 12:51 AM by Steel God.)
We seem to be missing my personal choice: Sea Lion '40
01-27-2010, 02:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-27-2010, 02:54 AM by P.Ako.)
(01-27-2010, 12:35 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote: I would opt for Rhinecrossing 1945. But I would want to make it myself (as I already have done all the research for CS and have all ww2 period source maps and lots of literature)

In such a game you would have no less than 4-5 major operations:
-Veritable
-Grenade
-Blockbuster
-Plunder/ Varsity
With the US crossings further south included, it would be even more.

It could be a magnificent title with lot's of 'what if' possibilities as well.

Huib

Yes, and rather interesting ones!

BTW, what's CS?

(01-27-2010, 12:50 AM)steel god Wrote: We seem to be missing my personal choice: Sea Lion '40

Don't you think that there are still plenty of historical battles to cover before entering in the ahistorical ones?
01-27-2010, 10:43 AM,
(01-26-2010, 07:48 PM)P.Ako Wrote: Your post give me an idea about... it would also be interesting to see a game covering the russian attack on Romania bulgaria and part of Yugoslavia wouldn't it?

Possibly...I am less familiar with these events though. I am under the impression that there wasn't much of a fight there with the Wehrmacht in disarray, just trying to push their way into Hungary, and the Romanian and Bulgarian governments simply surrendering without almost any shots fired.
01-28-2010, 06:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-28-2010, 06:04 AM by monkspider.)
Berlin '45 would be my choice out of the ones listed but, I agree Sealion '40 would be my top choice if it were an option. Big Grin

Sebastopol and some of the campaigns that Manstein undertook while commanding Army Group South would be great too.
01-28-2010, 06:09 AM,
I voted for the Rhein campaigns, becuase I live there, but only for a few more days.