• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Combined Unit Fire
03-19-2010, 10:48 PM,
RE: Combined Unit Fire
For getting multiple units in a hex, but not all of them, you can click on one unit in the hex then go to your small unit display (usually in the top right of your screen), I think then you can right click and it will show the next unit in the hex. If you want it also, left click and it will highlight in the display, then right click to see the next unit, if not wanted keep right clicking until you get to another unit you want. If that doesn't work, then it is left click to cycle through and right click to add to your group to fire. It's one way or the other.
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2010, 11:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-20-2010, 12:33 AM by Kool Kat.)
(01-23-2010, 04:32 AM)Mike Abberton Wrote: The primary disadvantage to group firing is that you are committing all the selected units to fire at the target, which might be overkill. For example, say you are trying to disrupt all the units in a hex. If you group fire with your 3 tank platoons at the first target, you might get a disrupt results on the first or second shot, and the remaining shots are "wasted" as far as disrupting the unit is concerned. If you single fired the units you might have been able to spread the shots around more and disrupted more enemies.

Mike

Excellent advice Mike! :)

I tend to "one shot" my targets while on the look out for that first instance of an enemy unit disrupt so I don't waste shots. I then have other available options such as assault, reposition attacking units, move more units into the battle, etc.

Interesting thread! cheers
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
03-20-2010, 09:44 AM,
I constantly use 2 or more tanks firing at the same time and same target in certain situations but not all the time, it depends on several factors. As an example moral, disruption and most importantly armor facing effects play a big part in the battle results. If I have a nice clear side or rear shot at an armored vehicle and fire 2 or more tanks and I receive a favorable result from the AI, only the first tank at the top of the unit list uses its fire power, and the remainder still remain at 100% and this goes on until a unfavorable result occurs and this seems to be the case with all units but the AI makes the final decision. What I have noticed is that if you do not receive a favorable battle result then the other tanks also lose firing strength. Another thing that seems to give bad battle results is firing and combining disrupted and non disrupted units at the same target. I will first fire the non disrupted units and if needed fire the disrupted units separately at the same target. But once again it depends on the other factors mentioned and is ultimately up to the AI to make those decisions.