• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fixed Units Question
01-18-2010, 12:02 PM,
RE: Fixed Units Question
Glenn,

In the first post of this thread I uploaded a picture which shows the situation quite well. I am certain that there is no bug but perhaps an opportunity to address a chronic irritant for many players. I will be glad to forward the file in question to you.

Thanks,

Marquo
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2010, 12:18 AM,
Is it easy to change when units become unfixed? I have a situation in a Korea game where some of my armor units, ones that pop up behind the lines through the tunnels, are fixed. I have pushed back all the enemy units so they will never see anyone. I don't see where they are released so my guess is they are stuck there the rest of the game.
01-21-2010, 04:55 AM,
I'll look at any situations you care to send me in BTL files. I've just found that reading info from post and thinking I understand what is happening - even post with pictures, often doesn't show me the whole situation. Understand that sometimes units are fixed with release time, other times formations have a trigger. So there is often a lot more info on a situation in the file(s).

You can send it to my address which is in my profile here or you can direct it to HPS Support and ask them to forward it. Or you can just post info here here and see what the guys think.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-21-2010, 05:15 AM,
(01-21-2010, 04:55 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote: I'll look at any situations you care to send me in BTL files. I've just found that reading info from post and thinking I understand what is happening - even post with pictures, often doesn't show me the whole situation. Understand that sometimes units are fixed with release time, other times formations have a trigger. So there is often a lot more info on a situation in the file(s).

You can send it to my address which is in my profile here or you can direct it to HPS Support and ask them to forward it. Or you can just post info here here and see what the guys think.

Glenn

I'll try to send it to you later. It's probably a fluke that they didn't spot any enemy.
The same file also shows a para HQ that landed in terrain it cannot move from so basically it is stuck in T mode, hoping to die and come back on better terrain! :)
01-21-2010, 06:30 AM,
(01-21-2010, 05:15 AM)James Ward Wrote: I'll try to send it to you later. It's probably a fluke that they didn't spot any enemy.

hmm - sounds funny to me - and now that I read what you say here with your previous post I have a different idea of what the problem may be. Of course it is like looking for a needle in a haystack without the file.

Anyway - up to you - send it if you want it looked at.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-21-2010, 01:13 PM,
(01-21-2010, 06:30 AM)Glenn Saunders Wrote:
(01-21-2010, 05:15 AM)James Ward Wrote: I'll try to send it to you later. It's probably a fluke that they didn't spot any enemy.

hmm - sounds funny to me - and now that I read what you say here with your previous post I have a different idea of what the problem may be. Of course it is like looking for a needle in a haystack without the file.

Anyway - up to you - send it if you want it looked at.

Glenn

I sent it.
01-22-2010, 02:41 AM,
(01-21-2010, 01:13 PM)James Ward Wrote: I sent it.

Right - filesare from a non-stock Scn and the units in question appear OK in the stock Scn.

...and SO MUCH easier with much less confuision to revie issues with the files in question.

Glenn
Send this user an email