• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Site
01-17-2010, 02:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2010, 03:31 AM by Crossroads.)
RE: New Site
(01-16-2010, 07:55 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: What i mean is the first player listed is the one reporting the game.And perhaps the header(First side player) should be renamed not to include the 'side' part which might create confusion. cheers
The win is relative to the player who reports the game.If you win,you select the win from the drop-box.I'm not sure how it's reported in CS but in CM(and perhaps other games) the result is displayed relative to you.

OK... Here's my short career so far:

1st Side Player 2nd Side Player Result Scenario
Allies Crossroads Zap Axis Major Victory 4. PzDiv-Fall Weiss
Axis Crossroads Ivan Allies Minor Loss Giants on the Vistula
Axis Hawk Kriegsman Crossroads Allies Draw The First Attack
Axis ScoutsOut Crossroads Allies Draw Crown of Thorns
Allies Crossroads Ivan Axis Major Loss Into the breach
Allies Hawk Kriegsman Crossroads Axis Minor Loss Still Full of Fight
Axis Crossroads ScoutsOut Allies Major Victory Crown of Thorns
Axis Zap Crossroads Allies Major Victory ** The first attack
Axis Crossroads Hawk Kriegsman Allies Major Loss Test of Courage

I marked those losses in red where I did not report the game, but appear first in the list as my side moved first.

I marked those wins with green where I did report the game but appear second in the list as I was the second side to play...

All scenarios in the list do have the side moving first appearing first, under the header "First side player". As they were the first side to move, yes?

Apart from the newest entry (in blue), of course... Contrary to all other lines, it has the side that was the 2nd side player appearing first... It is against the logic that is used in every other entry so far? Yes? :conf:

I just do not get it... Honestly, truly trying to figure this out... :cantswim:

But still confused to a point that the site does not have a smilie to use here... :pullhair:

A round of cheers to a fellow member who is able to explain this in a manner that even a simple Finn would understand... Be warned, obviously not an easy task, though!

EDIT: Reread the whole thread from the beginning... This:

(01-16-2010, 06:46 AM)raz_atoth Wrote: I guess the header should be renamed from 'first side player' to 'First player' or something like that.
Only those games reported since the new site went live have the reporter listed as the first player.I'm not sure about the previous ones,but i guess they might have used the first side of the scenario instead.Thus the confusion :)

It appears the logic of the listing is changed. But if indeed that is what has been done, then all the old listings do not follow the new logic... The First side or Winning side is not necessarily the one mentioned first... My apologies for boring everyone to death, but the change makes the old listings obsolete?

Oh well, it is not a big thing. I will move on. Honestly!!!
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2010, 05:22 AM,
(01-16-2010, 10:23 PM)raz_atoth Wrote:
(01-16-2010, 09:40 AM)Major BS Wrote: Actually on second look Raz, that math is incorrect. I have 1014 points from regular play + 65 bonus points = 1079 total points. So I have not reached the 1110 points necessary to acheive sgt. yet.

The explanation that the ladders combine ranks is irrelevant as I only play on one ladder.

End result: There must be a bug here somewhere, as I haven't reported a game since the new site went "live." Yet, somehow, without making any score changes, I've jumped from corporal to sergeant. Weird. No new points should equal no new rank and the only variable is the change in the site.

You're right.There was a bug,the bonus points where counted twice when determining the rank.
Sorry,but you've just been..demoted ;)

Thank you for my demotion sir! ;)
Major BS
01-17-2010, 07:03 PM,
There is a tournament section up above that seems unattended. It was inactive for the most part on the old site. What is its purpose now?
01-17-2010, 10:00 PM,
I think the new site is a credit to Raz and the only concern I have is I would have liked to have the change colour option as in the last site. I actually preferred the Desert colour but perhaps this is something that can be implemented in the future.

Gordoncheers
01-18-2010, 04:18 AM,
(01-17-2010, 07:03 PM)zap Wrote: There is a tournament section up above that seems unattended. It was inactive for the most part on the old site. What is its purpose now?

I was just starting to figure out the tournament area for Pat's (Montana Grizz) new tournament when the new site was getting ready for launch, so I held off. I got Pat's listed, but it doesn't seem to have made the migration and neither of us were too worried about it under the circumstances.

Eventually, it will be the area new tournaments get listed, with a sign-up area and details about the tournament when clicking a link. It obviously was working once upon a time.

Once Raz has a litlle more time I'll ask for a tutorial on it's use, but I'm not seeing any admin tools for it, so it might not be ready yet.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email