• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Sharp End
01-14-2010, 01:28 AM,
RE: The Sharp End
Outlaw Josey Wales Wrote:I know CS is a different scale than SBs. I was suggesting taking WF scenarios and scaling them to SBs. If an inf unit in CS represents a platoon, then in SBs it would be three squads plus leaders and whatever platoon support. A tank platoon with strength point 4 would be 4 tanks in SBs etc etc. I figured if it was interesting enough, try doing one of the smaller WF scenarios and post it up to see how players like it. And if well liked, I would think the rest would eventually done. Using the oob from CS, wouldn't render much to research, if any. And the map is there, but would take work to rebuild it to SBs scale. Look at all the games people at the Blitz are playing, I'd bet people would play those as well.

Without a full map editor, you'd have to find available maps within the game to be able to recreate what you're suggesting. No HPS game has a full map editor associated with it.

Quote:It would also be nice if SBs had a random battle generator like CS or SPs or both even included someday. Creating a random battle by units size or points system sounds good here too.

This has been discussed on various levels and forums throughout the years. The bottom line is that it isn't an option for this series.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2010, 04:39 AM,
All Eagle's Strike Sharp End scenarios are in the database. Will do the PW ones shortly, as well as the newest A@W scenarios.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
01-14-2010, 05:30 AM,
Although using CS as a base for SB scenario sounds nice I am afraid they can only provide general historical data for SB. I tried to use CS scenarios several times to help SB setups and found that their more abstract scale doesnt provide sufficient insight.