• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why visibility suddenly to 1 hex?
12-20-2009, 09:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-20-2009, 09:18 PM by Aaron.)
RE: Why visibility suddenly to 1 hex?
Thanks Glenn, just shows why your getting the man of the year award. Everybody in favor,

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2010, 02:30 AM,
Interesting thread but I am having the reverse happen in Minsk44. Although the weather.dat for the 23rd is:

23 6 1944 0 100 0 0 0 2 2 0 (default unedited)

sometimes, I have been testing a new scenario many times, the visibility increases to three. This makes certain German units visible in the south and so triggers spotted Russian releases which should not occur until the 24th.

The only change I have made that might effect this is to edit the starting turn to 0400, ie a dawn turn.

Any help please.
01-14-2010, 02:34 AM,
I am at work so I can't check things out. But I take it you have your scenario tests starting on the 23rd, the day the problem occurs, right? If I recall from an earlier post here, the weather.dat is IGNORED for the first day of a scenario - it isn't read until the first midnight turn (or first turn after if there isn't one). So in your test scenario, set the max vix in the scenario itself to 2 and I think that will keep it from increasing on day 1.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-14-2010, 03:53 AM,
That is correct - the Settings at teh start of teh scn take precidence over the Weather.dat which is read on the midnight turn of teh second day of teh scn
Send this user an email
01-14-2010, 04:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-14-2010, 04:39 AM by bdtj1815.)
Ricky and Glenn thanks for your quick replies. The only problem with changing it to 2 in the scenario header is that this is a 168 turn campaign or does the weather.dat settings override the header settings after the first day. Hope that makes sense!

I note that in the stock scenario the settings are 2/5.

Glenn sorry not to have been in touch for so long, we last spoke when you were so very helpful with some ideas I had around a 4th Kharkov scenario. Life has been a bit complicated for some time but I have some scenarios to release soon and am keen to attempt something else but not sure what yet.
01-14-2010, 04:49 AM,
The weather.dat controls things after day 1, so all should be okay.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-14-2010, 07:04 AM,
Ricky, thanks for that, all should now be well.