• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Those useless AT guns...
01-29-2010, 09:09 AM,
RE: Those useless AT guns...
Hi Brian,

I made my comments based on any of the values, I don't think the VM ratings make enough difference to make the AT units extremely hard to kill, just harder which I think is okay. To me the tactics are the same when they are alone - assault until they die. But maybe I just haven't noticed and the VM values do make them very hard to kill, I just have not seen that in any games using those ratings that I have played.
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2010, 10:41 AM,
Well, I could have had a strong patch of bad luck. It took three turns in one case and two in another. I did find AT guns seemed more vulnerable to artillery in T41 for the _alt series. The differences are subtle.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-30-2010, 01:57 AM,
Quote:Also, the question itself does provide an answer. "What do you do with all those 45mm AT guns in 1944?" Hmmm.... lets see... ;)

They were pretty much useless as the Wehrmacht quickly discovered when they began to encounter the T-34. German ATG troops called the 37mm PaK 36 the Panzeranklopfgerät (Tank Door Knocker) or Heeresanklopfgerät (Army Door Knocker) since all it seemed to be cabable of was alerting the T-34 crew to their presence. After announcing their presence, the T-34 crew focused their attentions on the poor ATG crew with devastating results. Eek