01-15-2010, 04:49 AM,
RE: What's the mission?
Number of priority targets:

1: Meeting Engagement
2: Delay
3: Defend
4: Advance
5: Assault

Plus 1 priority target for each FOO purchased (unless an ME where only get 1 maximum) Should tell you what sort of mission you have. Unless you failed to set your priority targets during setup.

Imps post doesn't tell me how repair points are assigned after a win/loss. Unless I'm misreading. Has anyone figured out a formula for this?
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-2010, 04:52 AM,
I think it is a blanket 700+, I have never seen different. The only thing I have seen change is the support points.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-15-2010, 04:54 AM,
(01-15-2010, 04:25 AM)Weasel Wrote: Example: P1 FV = 2300, P2 FV = 2900. Gap is 600pts. P1 gets 700 pts to repair which he spends, bringing his FV to 3000. P2 gets to spend 100 pts bringing his FV to 3000.

Is this new for ver 4.0?

Because in the past the winner would get more repair points than the loser, even though the loser had a far lower core force value.
01-15-2010, 04:59 AM,
Don't know, I am playing MBT not WW2, maybe WW2 is different. I know Vesku and I quit playing in V3.5 because the winner just kept getting further and further ahead of the loser.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-15-2010, 06:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-15-2010, 06:39 AM by Imp.)
(01-15-2010, 04:54 AM)Cross Wrote:
(01-15-2010, 04:25 AM)Weasel Wrote: Example: P1 FV = 2300, P2 FV = 2900. Gap is 600pts. P1 gets 700 pts to repair which he spends, bringing his FV to 3000. P2 gets to spend 100 pts bringing his FV to 3000.

Is this new for ver 4.0?

Because in the past the winner would get more repair points than the loser, even though the loser had a far lower core force value.

This is how support points are allocated roughly not R&R & is the problem with PBEM campaigns.

Quote:I think it is a blanket 700+, I have never seen different. The only thing I have seen change is the support points.

If talking R&R no varies depending on force size & victory level.

Both support & R&R vary in size with force but both have a minimal size which covers a reasonable band, so a core of 1 infantry Co will probably get support points similar to its cost the bigger the force the less the support ratio I think.

Note on campaigns
Support is I think allocated pretty well the losing side getting more but not enough to balance the problem is with R&R the winner recieving more. This means if you want to help balance as the winner dont use all your R&R. If you are Player 2 & the winner alternativly do not spend your support points. If you are player 1 as the winner not spending your support points has little effect as it reduces the support points available to player 2 as they are allocated based on player 1s total force.

Pretty sure this is how it works though just from observtions not tested.

Try this fix for balance requires little book keeping.
Set R&R to the max but agree at start a sensible amount.
Regardless of who won both sides spend this amount each game.
The game will be fairly balanced as even if loser cant fix all can fix more & they will get more support points bringing near.
Just remember to look at your R&R total before spending any.
You can decide the total before hand & stick to or gauge it on loses at the end of the battle.
By setting R&R to max defender should soon have a pool that the other player can kindly let him access to get back in the game if needed.
If you do this have to ban converting R&R to support points.

If you decide to be kind & let the loser have more R&R to get back in the game the rational is he lost so is falling back towards his supply line while yours is stretching.