Hey Scud
01-07-2010, 08:58 PM,
RE: Hey Scud
RedDevil Wrote:
Laza Wrote::stir:

ROFLMAO
Best fiction I've read in years :whis:

I have to agree here. Violin

RedDevil Wrote:On the subject matter....
The past remains the present, dissent and disgust are the only things that persevered here. The only solution is to reeducate and hope that the program is accepted by a large enough faction to survive and grow upon.

At the risk of being censured, I want to say that I think the mods and leadership need to do a "reset" too. If every mistep by a member is compounded by what may have happended last year or five years ago how is that fair? Or, if the leadership believes that others have a deeper understanding and therefore are expected to do more than other members in posting, how is that fair? I'm cool when the rules apply to everyone and not target specific ones. :smoke:
And, when the rabbit does not get pulled out of the hat but the new rules are, how is that fair?

From Post #20:
Scud Wrote:I think you guys need to get over the feeling of walking on eggshells. Rudolph states that in eleven years he's never had a problem with the mods. These rules won't change that. Some of you, no names of course, have had some problems with myself and with other site officers. Some of you have a history that goes back to before my membership start time. These rules might have an effect on how you post and for that all I can say is I hope so.

RedDevil Wrote:Demonstrating the ability to converse amongst ourselves without the extracurricular anal-isms is the 1st step towards the relaxation and eventual cessation of the hardcore limits. Not participating leaves one to wonder just where the problem was.

Agree.

cheers

RR
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2010, 12:07 AM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:
RedDevil Wrote:
Laza Wrote::stir:

ROFLMAO
Best fiction I've read in years :whis:

I have to agree here. Violin

RedDevil Wrote:On the subject matter....
The past remains the present, dissent and disgust are the only things that persevered here. The only solution is to reeducate and hope that the program is accepted by a large enough faction to survive and grow upon.

At the risk of being censured, I want to say that I think the mods and leadership need to do a "reset" too. If every mistep by a member is compounded by what may have happended last year or five years ago how is that fair? Or, if the leadership believes that others have a deeper understanding and therefore are expected to do more than other members in posting, how is that fair? I'm cool when the rules apply to everyone and not target specific ones. :smoke:
And, when the rabbit does not get pulled out of the hat but the new rules are, how is that fair?

From Post #20:
Scud Wrote:I think you guys need to get over the feeling of walking on eggshells. Rudolph states that in eleven years he's never had a problem with the mods. These rules won't change that. Some of you, no names of course, have had some problems with myself and with other site officers. Some of you have a history that goes back to before my membership start time. These rules might have an effect on how you post and for that all I can say is I hope so.

RedDevil Wrote:Demonstrating the ability to converse amongst ourselves without the extracurricular anal-isms is the 1st step towards the relaxation and eventual cessation of the hardcore limits. Not participating leaves one to wonder just where the problem was.

Agree.

cheers

RR

Fiction hey, Im surprised you guys know what that is, as you seem to be permanently based in the rhetoric revisionist section. Though im guessing your banking on the fact that its hard to prove with all the deletions, banning and whitewashing over the MBs over the years.

Then again if it was fiction why did that all happen again.

I guess I could pull out on emails, officer forum notes from old PC but fortunately for you two I have a life and the fact that im spending 10 minutes on this post is about 8 too many .

We should all be treated the same hey Ed, couldnt agree more

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=52828

Now that you two have kissed and made up for your sake of your cyber persona ego. Well lets hope that means we wont have any more running and whinging over at another club if you fall out again.

As for participation pity for class act gamers like Canuck, McIvan , Tanker and the rest thats not an option here at blitz, you guys must be so proud though.

Insert some smile icon that shows what cyberhero I am without breaking rule 20

To the mods if this post has contravened rule 20 (which if it has though I shall use long standing animal farm member rule and Von Earl who going to care in 100 years clause as defence mitigation) Then I take my punishment standing up out in the open.
Rather then hiding behind that obnoxious lying rhetorical tree.
244 games with legend that is Richie61
01-08-2010, 10:16 AM,
Always a classic retort and with a martyr sense to the end. Not withstanding the irony of the situation, one can only ponder what company keeps.

You shouldn't be punished for your observations, but you'll always be wrong in these discussions because you only have rumors, not facts, better to move on and game away those frustrations.

Let the tabloids handle the body counts and scandals, we're better than this and it's really not gotten anywhere except dividing a house and splintering a passion. What's done is done and if there's no room for moving on then in your mind, so be it, just don't be critical of those who have.

Cheers
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
01-08-2010, 11:50 AM,
Guys,

In the interests of dialog I'm watching the thread, but I'd would rather everyone get what they have to say off their chests rather then strictly enforcing the new rules. Nonetheless, Laza and Randy this is exactly what the problem is. Old fights, old grudges. Take it outside, private emails. I had to ask around just to find out what you were talking about. Turns out it wasn't even the CS forum! Please keep your cool.

2010. Economy picking up. Things to look forward to. Let bygones be bygones.

This thread is still open. I've heard lots of gripes, but not too many ideas.

So?
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-09-2010, 09:20 AM,
As one that has been involved in past gripes, fights, etc., and recently banned for it, I would after discussions suggest that, continuance of old gripes are non-productive and negative.
We have had a post from Hawk offering an olive branch for 2010 and I'd suggest we all take a grab at it, for the sake of the site and out of respect for the site-owner and the moderators, who all give their' time voluntarily, time to let them enjoy the site?
Chill out guys, like I'm going to.
If I, or others renege on their intentions, then we stand to be hung for it. Let us all start moving forward and treat each other with the respect we expect from others to ourselves?
PLEASE!

regards
Glint
01-09-2010, 09:35 AM,
With regards to ideas, I would respectfully suggest that perhaps the new rules imposed should be open to an olive branch as well.
I fully understand the reasons for them being implemented but, also feel that whilst members are attempting to mend bridges, perhaps the mods can revise the rules?
It seems the mods can control the content so, I would suggest perhaps, anything inappropriate in the threads can be removed? The poster can be warned once, then bans can be applied. The new rules as I read them are too threatening and obstructive to free, ADULT, debate?
Just my opinion.
regards
Peter
01-09-2010, 09:47 AM,
glint Wrote:As one that has been involved in past gripes, fights, etc., and recently banned for it, I would after discussions suggest that, continuance of old gripes are non-productive and negative.
We have had a post from Hawk offering an olive branch for 2010 and I'd suggest we all take a grab at it, for the sake of the site and out of respect for the site-owner and the moderators, who all give their' time voluntarily, time to let them enjoy the site?
Chill out guys, like I'm going to.
If I, or others renege on their intentions, then we stand to be hung for it. Let us all start moving forward and treat each other with the respect we expect from others to ourselves?
PLEASE!

regards
Glint

Well said. :thumbs_up:

Welcome back!

cheers

RR
01-09-2010, 09:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2010, 09:52 AM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
glint Wrote:With regards to ideas, I would respectfully suggest that perhaps the new rules imposed should be open to an olive branch as well.
I fully understand the reasons for them being implemented but, also feel that whilst members are attempting to mend bridges, perhaps the mods can revise the rules?
It seems the mods can control the content so, I would suggest perhaps, anything inappropriate in the threads can be removed? The poster can be warned once, then bans can be applied. The new rules as I read them are too threatening and obstructive to free, ADULT, debate?
Just my opinion.
regards
Peter

Good points. I hope the mods can see your points are good ones, adopt them, and drop the punative new rules.
I'd rather see a few comments edited by the mods than leaving nasty posts up and banning the member. The nasty post remains?

That is out of the box and spot on Peter!

cheers

RR
01-09-2010, 09:52 AM,
Thank you Ed !
01-09-2010, 10:51 AM,
Guys, can't we all get along?