• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Hey Scud
01-10-2010, 09:53 PM,
RE: Hey Scud
Huib Versloot Wrote:A community that managed to develop a fantastic add-on cd etc and could make a difference. In fact the CS MB at the Blitz was CS at that time.

Here I agree.
Then again the PB #1 disk did not try to change the game engine.
It added more scenarios, campaigns, more units, more unique scenario design tools (like the tank turret pillboxes).

There was no fundamental changes to the game engine that caused the older scenarios to become obsolete?
It was an "add on" that was needed to keep the game fresh. I was sorry to see that the Matrix version was not compatable with it.

I would like to see future developement similar to that. Plus, I would add improved graphics, increased terrain choices over all theaters of play, more units, a better AI, scout ability (which was discussed in a different thread), more campaigns, and more scenarios (both large and small) that work with either EA or no EA.

Special concentration could be in the area of Rising Sun. RS seems to be the orphaned step child of CS?

I, too, am sorry to see you leave. But, you must do what you think is in your best interest. I wish you good luck in the future.

cheers

RR
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2010, 06:07 AM,
Just bumping this back to the top so others can contribute their' ideas as well? A lot of people reading the thread.
regards
Peter
01-11-2010, 07:46 AM,
At post #29, I spat the dummy :hissy: and said I would withdraw from comment type posting. Well, Mum has scolded me, put the toys back in the pram, and popped the dummy back between the gums. Too good to miss, this stuff. A lot of people are saying a lot of good things.

CS is now an antique as games go. I think the devotees of CS are like connoisseurs of, say, a classic make of English porcelain, still in production after 400 years. People get very passionate about such things.
We understand the faults inherent when it was a cottage industry, and while not necessarily opposed to the growth of the craft, are very divided as to newer developments. Not a good metaphor, perhaps, but the best I can do.
Was my self appointed exile the weakest in Blitz history? Good lesson in engaging brain before turning on computer :chin:
I will come up with some ideas idc.
01-11-2010, 08:01 AM,
K K Rossokolski Wrote:Was my self appointed exile the weakest in Blitz history?

Yes, yes it was. When did you leave us? ;)

Glad you are back!
01-11-2010, 06:56 PM,
welcome back Rod !
Don't worry, think I've got the hat-trick for doing that, lol!
regards
Peter