• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game.
01-06-2010, 12:57 AM,
RE: Looking for an opponent for a PBEM game.
OK, my turn to apologize. Since the consensus of opinion is that I misread the original post, then I did. That makes it a communications problem. Since I am about average with American, which is NOT the same as English, I have to accept responsibility for the problem.
My bad and it won't happen again. What set me off was being accused of attacking (jumping on) a rookie.
Nothing could be farther from the truth. I cherish rookies and do everything I can to make their transition to playing against another human as painless as possible. Rookies are the new blood and future hope of this hobby I love so much. Without new guys, it all dies. The SP community was built one rookie at a time. Each one is precious and should be encouraged.

In the future I'll keep in mind Churchill's famous statement about two great nations separated by a common language.
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2010, 02:05 AM,
You dudes are just hilarious, I've laughed reading the latter part of this thread :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
01-06-2010, 02:34 AM,
Can we get a group hug? lol
Seahawk
1st SS Panzer Division Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler

Meine Ehre Heisst Treue
01-06-2010, 05:07 AM,
Vesku Wrote:You dudes are just hilarious, I've laughed reading the latter part of this thread :)

means I missed a good laugh then. I skipped great part of the thread. Due to lack of time I usually read only my own posts... (ooouuuch, Jason, that hurts, man !)... and custodians' ofcourse.
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
01-06-2010, 09:31 AM,
Thanks for being cool there Low Bidder.
I like that quote...
two great nations separated by a common language.
...I have often heard it said the language is the greatest barrier to communication.
And yes, Rookies are indeed the life blood of our ladder, well said indeed.

Vesku and Seahawk...I am glad we have made you smile and yes, we can now all have a group hug Party Party Party...or at least a group party ehBig Grin

Really guys, in all seriousness, some ladders here at the Blitz are like a bunch of six year olds in a sand pit behaving like four your olds.
It is quite pathetic watching some of the moderation that has to go on behind the scenes.

Chris and I get to jump on our high horse and praise how civilised our SP ladder is by comparison and the last thing I am going to let anyone one do is turn me into a BS artist eh (shuddup!).
I love a good debate me, and a heated discussion is fine too...but there is a line here and I will keep guarding it with the Iron Flipper.
If I slap too early sometimes, well, so be it.

Thanks for all showing the Good Form that I always credit you with.
Hurrah!

Now...Carry On....
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
01-06-2010, 09:50 AM,
I am satisfied that between players reach agreements. But I tell them that once a player got angry because I played with him in France and Germany (40) I put in front of tanks Char 3 companies apart from about 4 infantry. I said that was impossible if France had so many tanks. Which is a mistake since France had more tanks than Germany but used in isolation without forming armored divisions. Only de Gaulle was adept and knew the tactics of the German blitz. So I thought I was De Gaulle jejeje. Because different tactics to make history?
01-06-2010, 04:22 PM,
roman,
I see you are signed up for the Classic Wargames ladder. You might want to change this to the Steel Panthers ladder so you will be able to record your games played here into your profile and exit boot camp.

If you need some help with this or other mechanics of the blitz site, just contact Weasel, Walrus or myself.

Welcome.
Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
01-07-2010, 05:31 AM,
Ok. Gracias Doc Soldier. Soy nuevo y no hablo muy bien el inglés así que estoy un poco perdido. Veo de hacer lo que me dijo. Soy principiante jugando PBEM (solo 6 juegos vs humanos). He jugado mucho vs AI. Busco jugadores porque es más divertido vs humanos. Creo que lo que me dice es que estoy anotado para Wargames clásicos y tendría que anotarme en Steel Panther? Intentaré hacerlo.
Muchas gracias.
01-07-2010, 05:32 AM,
Sorry. Will the English version
Ok. Thanks Doc Soldier. I am new and do not speak English very well so I'm a little lost. I do what I said. I'm a beginner playing PBEM (human vs. only 6 games). I played a lot vs AI. Seeking players because it's more fun human vs. I think what that tells me is that I scored for Wargames classic and should enroll in Steel Panther? Try.
Thank you very much.
01-07-2010, 09:33 AM,
@ Roman

I think what that tells me is that I scored for Wargames classic and should enroll in Steel Panther?

This is correct.

Go to your Member Page (click on your name)

Go to Change Members General Data

Go To What ladders do you wish to be on?

Choose Steel Panthers

Then you will become a member of the Steel Panthers ladder Big Grin

Easy eh!

Cheers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?