• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Trucks and HT's worth 3 points
12-30-2009, 02:55 PM,
c_Question Mark  Trucks and HT's worth 3 points
Some of my opponents use their HT's in an aggressive manner. They push them forward to draw fire and I have no problem with that.

I often move a tank from cover to shoot and scoot versus a HT in the same hex with an enemy tank at maximum range because my chances of destroying the HT are so much greater than doing any damage to the tank.

I am playing one large scenario wherein I have destroyed 100 HT's and garnered 300 points. The 300 points are currently the difference between a loss and a minor victory:rolleyes:

What are your opinions in regard to this tactic?

Thank you,

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2009, 03:34 PM,
RE: Trucks and HT's worth 3 points
I love opponents that are careless with halftracks and trucks. Bring'm on.... I love blasting tracks into burning wrecks... blasting trucks or assaulting them is a good time had by all... :boom2:

I take what my opponent gives me... Basically, it slowly adds ups until it forces them to become more and more reckless to change the score in their favor...

For halftracks, I'll go out of my way to blow'm up... they are very valuable to my bottom line...

Security is a Principle of War and just because you are running free down that road at the time doesn't mean there aren't lurkers sitting there with their engines off observing... waiting for the best chance to engage... It's a reason I love large numbers of T34s... they are the absolute best security element to screen your position in depth...

I operate my force like they are real troops... They don't get needlessly wasted if I can help it...
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM,
Me too Jim,

I realize it might be a little ridiculous and inane, but I treat my units like I were commanding real people.

Occasionally I am forced by circumstances to sacrifice an infantry platoon or two or place other units in peril, but I never fail to consider the letters I must write and the value of my decision.

Probably why I'm not a better commander :-)

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

12-30-2009, 08:51 PM,
Eek Ht's are worth victory points? ;):chin:Whip

cheers

RR
12-30-2009, 10:02 PM,
Myself I could not be happier when my opponent's expose their trucks and halftracks to my forces.

I too go out of my way to destroy them when I see them.

I never complain when my foes lead with halftracks.

Thanx!

Hawk
12-30-2009, 10:19 PM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:Eek Ht's are worth victory points? ;):chin:Whip

cheers

RR

My Christmas wish is complete.........another possible halftrack debate........yeehah!..... and Happy New Year to all.

Earl
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
12-30-2009, 11:57 PM,
Like the others, I am more than happy to destroy as many HTs/trucks as my opponent is willing to sacrifice. They are points in the bank and a loss of mobility that he can't get back.

Mike
12-31-2009, 12:07 AM,
Ahhh..

I see you brought a halftrack to a tank duel... :kill:

Brother Earl, just a good way to usher out 2009... the classic, but never forgotten old school halftrack debate

May your OPFIRE achieve no results except to expose your position and may your tanks retreat when fired upon to expose their weaker points...
12-31-2009, 03:15 AM,
I think it is a fair strategy. I just end up with a minor win (should have had a major one) in a scn because I did not move my trucks far enough out of harms way and my opponent trashed them for lots of points. They are easy to forget about or even ignore.
12-31-2009, 04:44 AM,
I find when I'm down to using my halftracks, it's desperation time. A bit too early to concede, but probably the better move.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email