• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WMD in MC; negative values
01-01-2010, 01:53 AM,
RE: WMD in MC; negative values
I didn't realize that you were playing or working on an AI Scn with the WMD Rules. I think when we started making revised rules we had to add some AI programing so that NATO would respond when the WP used WMD.

The AI is really not up for judgement on first strikes nor would it be up for deciding if a VP penalty would be worth the effort.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
01-01-2010, 02:22 AM,
Working on it and doing some playtesting. What I propose is simply that by entering negative values in the editor a side can have first use in nukes and no first use in chems. Or the other way around. No need for any AI deciding. Same for the (loose) VP idea; fire a nuke, you pay 100 points "political cost".

Hans
Send this user an email
01-01-2010, 03:41 AM,
> What I propose is simply that by entering negative values in the editor a side can have first use in nukes and no first use in chems.

Editor being Scn editor? That is a file format change which is not a little change.

> Same for the (loose) VP idea; fire a nuke, you pay 100 points "political cost".

The problem with this is 100 points in a small scn might work but in a big CG it is nothing. So picking a could be easy, but making a single value work for a short scn where 500 points is a major would work but would be insignificant in the langer, larger CGs. So there is no way to pick a nice value for this.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-01-2010, 09:59 PM,
Glenn Saunders Wrote:The problem with this is 100 points in a small scn might work but in a big CG it is nothing. So picking a could be easy, but making a single value work for a short scn where 500 points is a major would work but would be insignificant in the langer, larger CGs. So there is no way to pick a nice value for this.

Glenn

In a large scenario there tend to be more nukes, so there 'd be more points to loose.

Hans
Send this user an email