• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Game delays
12-22-2009, 08:23 AM,
RE: Game delays
[quote=Chuck10mtn]
Oh No don't tell me you remember Harold Charmicheal the great tight end or at least he was the tallest I ever seen play it good.

Charmicheal was an excellent player (6'8" and 225), but I also remember a pretty good Ed "Too Tall' Jones at 6'10" and 270 pounds and a very good Ernie Ladd at 6'9" and 315.

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2009, 08:27 AM,
We don't get that much snow in Big Timber, Montana where I live; at least not large amounts of snowfall all at once.

However, when the wind blows it accumulates snow in my drive-way that is deep enough to high center the car, so I have to have a 4x4 or shovel and I opted for a 4x4 :-)

12-22-2009, 09:14 AM,
I was pointing out that Charmicheal was a eagle and that was Ed's favorite team.
As far as 4X4 or snow shovel, good choice I also have opted for the easy verson of shoveling drive over,or thru it. It does make things interesting when the sun comes out and makes the driveway a skating rink. I can do a pretty mean back somersalt in my driveway !!! my landing still needs work.

Ed stay strong for your Eagles the Browns won't ever see the Superbowl unless they get a ticket

Chuck
12-22-2009, 12:13 PM,
Montana Grizz Wrote:We don't get that much snow in Big Timber, Montana where I live; at least not large amounts of snowfall all at once.

However, when the wind blows it accumulates snow in my drive-way that is deep enough to high center the car, so I have to have a 4x4 or shovel and I opted for a 4x4 :-)

In 1958 or '59 we had a large snowfall and winds from a Nor'easter. My sister and I sledded all day climbing to the peak of our roof and sledding down into the backyard. The total amount of snow was less than 3 feet but the winds blew strong drifts that buried the rear of our house.
We spent half the morning making steps to reach the top. My dad was pissed when he got home. But, there was a slight twinkle in his eye at our engineering feat.
We also used a picnic table to make a double-decker fort. We gouged tunnels through the snow so that you could not tell how we got into it. Filled it with dozens of snowballs. We got my dad's aggression out with a few well placed pelts.

Man... those were the days. Big Grin

I met most of the '80's Eagles during "trade shows" where the players attended as paid guests. Also good days. :smoke:

cheers

RR
12-23-2009, 10:08 AM,
Hey Chuck,

When you mentioned ice and slipping, it reminded me of an incident that happened to me in the mid-80's.

I walked out the door of a bar, down an alley and across the main street to yet another bar one evening.

I slipped on ice in the middle of the main street and fell down. No physical damage due to all the layers of clothing I was wearing, but my eye-glasses fell off my head.

I am so near sighted, I could not find my glasses as I scrambled around on all fours in search of them.

I did notice some blurry headlights heading my way and decided to get to a sidewalk and give up the search for my glasses.

As I stood on the sidewalk wondering what I might do next, a gentleman approached me and gave me my glasses. Since I had no spare glasses and 20/500 vision, this has always been a memory of the greatest gift I have ever received for Christmas.

Pat

P.S. Before someone makes a comment about my drinking, I can assure you that I was in those bars soliciting contributions for a local charity and any odor of alcohol on my breath must have been some sort of transfer from spilled alcohol that was transferred from the bar top to my clothing :chin:

It was many years after this incident that I gave up collecting for various charities and took up the consumption of alcohol as a hobby.

12-23-2009, 11:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-23-2009, 11:05 AM by Big Ivan.)
Hey Grizz,

Three or four years ago up in Redfield, NY they had 78 inches of snow in two days! 4x4's were useless, cars were found when the front end loaders hit them and about the only forms of transport getting around was snow shoes and snowmobiles.

People there were trying to figure out how to get their snow throwers up on the roofs of their homes in order to clear the weight off. Some were successful, others were not.

Redfield is about 10-15 miles NNE of Syracuse as the crow flies. Down in Syracuse we got about 15-20 inches as the snow bands off Lake Ontario fluctuated between there and Watertown, NY.

I was able to keep my driveway clear with my 10 horsepower Arien self-propelled snowblower and kept an ever vigil eye on my roof praying I wouldn't have to go up there with my roof rake or shovel. I didn't need to and thank you Lord for that!
I live a couple miles north of Syracuse, NY in what is referred to around here as the secondary snowbelt just north of I-90. The primary snowbelt is about 3-5 miles north of where I live where those poor folks can really get buried.

A local ski resort on the tug hill plateau just east of the lake has a sign saying they have the largest snow making machine in the world! It is a satellite picture of Lake Ontario.

But even with all that, I'll still take the snow over tornadoes.

Happy Holiday to you and the folks in Montana!

Ivan the Big:smoke: