• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Getting my feet wet
12-21-2009, 12:42 AM,
Getting my feet wet
Ok Folks. I just joined the ladder to see if I get into this series. Looking for a couple of games in Eagles Strike. Scenario, size, side does not matter. If interested start one up and send to [email protected].
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2009, 09:42 AM,
RE: Getting my feet wet
Still looking for an opponant to get out of boot camp.
12-22-2009, 10:24 PM,
Pick a ES game and send it I'll play you so that you an get out of bootcamp
12-23-2009, 12:26 AM,
Sounds good. I've no preference for side. Just got the game, so don't know of a good one. If you've any suggestions, I can pick one. What rules do most use to play, not that there are very many, but would like to play the way most others do.
12-23-2009, 08:37 AM,
I don't think there's a consensus on rules and some are suitable for particular types of conflict. It's worth looking at the 'getting to know your optional rules' thread above. I am beginning to settle on Quality Loss and vehicle fire over on most of my games. Variable ending is not good for scenarios where one side is defending and the scenario is designed with a limited time frame in mind. It's a great game but it takes a while to appreciate the subtleties. I'm also beginning to realise more each game the crucial element leaders play, they are the key to keeping your squads effective. You also need to try and not waste your ammo by shooting at long range. As a general rule shoot at the enemy half the range of the weapon and under unless the weapon as a "+" then it's effectiveness is the same at any range. There's good advice on the TFE4 site. Good luck with your Sqd Battles Adventure.