• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

ES Counter and Heavy Weapon's artwork
12-20-2009, 11:45 AM,
ES Counter and Heavy Weapon's artwork
Second installment of the holiday graphics bundle is now available on TFE4.

This one is some fine artwork provided by Ozgur Budak. It was work from a few years ago in collaboration with the late Bill Brockman. I think you'll enjoy the look.

[Image: ESArtAllies.jpg]

[Image: ESArtAxis.jpg].

From Ozgur's readme file in the folder.

I prepared this work with my friend Bill Brockman who passed away two years ago. Majority of the artwork done by Bill from scratch. Some art comes from the boardgame by Mark Walker’s Lock’nLoad Publishing. I am happy to be able to present this pack to live my friend’s memory.
Enjoy
Ozgur

Enjoy, gents.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
12-20-2009, 03:08 PM,
RE: ES Counter and Heavy Weapon's artwork
Bill was a good guy he was more of a regular over at the panzer campaigns club play alot games with him and games with him man didn't think he had passed away that long ago thanks for posting these Oz
12-20-2009, 07:23 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: ES Counter and Heavy Weapon's artwork
Nice work and a nice tribute.
12-20-2009, 09:09 PM,
These are the counters I like most and would love to see more of this style for the other SqB titles.
12-21-2009, 07:15 PM,
A couple of notes guys. This pack contains not just visual change but a different type of graphical representation. Generally two soldiers represent a squad while one soldier represents a leader. There are also special type pictures like bazooka/pzschrek, Machine gun, mortar and sniper squads. In this way you can see the unit type by looking at map counters similar to boardgames. Since the original game uses faces that can represent any type of unit this pack includes modified oob files to be sure that all units have correct type of art. Additionally some American units have divisional insignias. I didnt have time to modify all ES scenarios but all custom scenarios and some default ones are in the pack. If you play a scenario based on an oob file that has not been modified yet just open the file in oob editor and assign the correct picture for each unit type. Be careful not to change anything but the picture.
Enjoy.
Oz