• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What does the Blitz mean to you?
12-22-2009, 03:24 AM,
RE: What does the Blitz mean to you?
Larry Reese Wrote:Man, I haven't heard Tablesalt in ages either. Is he still around here? Later

LR

Larry, I am sending out an end of year email to former Blitz players. I will mentioned you were asking about him.

Cheers, Jack
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2009, 05:58 AM,
Me too Jack.
Tablesalt was one enthusiastic CS gamer. Eek
He was like a sponge when it came to asking for advice and keeping it to heart. He even collected the tactical advice of members and collated it into a pamphlet.
I always thought he was going to come back here when he reestablished himself. :chin:

cheers

RR
12-22-2009, 06:20 AM,
Tablesalt... the keenest I ever saw, I think. About 5 years since he just dropped off the map. Lived in Shreveport LA as I recall. Be good if you can find him to re-recruit him, as it were.

Jack VMT the nice words re 2005. Still wear the Tshirt. Must say I fancied that little Georgia peach in the restaurant.:cool:

To all...... the very best for Christmas and the New Year. cheers
12-22-2009, 08:17 AM,
I think others have covered most of the important things about the site. Like most of you it's given me a forum to meet new opponents, many of whom have become friends. Most importantly I think the Blitz has kept the CS series alive. Think about it. In terms of age this game is a dinosaur. Without the site bringing us all together, the new scenarios, tournaments, the upgrades like the EF II Blitz disk, and ultimately Matrix taking over where would we be? To all the guys who do the work to make the site go...thank you!
12-22-2009, 08:26 AM,
Tablesalt's email bounced back.:(

Cheers!
01-04-2010, 09:09 AM,
ah...actually it means more to me than I would admit.
...started taking it more seriously than I should have...so have refrained from posting...or playing. Have often groused to you guys like I grouse to mine own...Not Good. ...and to be quite honest, sarcasm does not pass well in a post, even though sometimes, it was more than sarcasm. I understand that and do apoligize. Alas, I am a harmless old man.
...am working on it. My hands (and brains) are still too shaky to play, yet...that, I am working on too. Love the game.
Have always loved the comradery...even when I was the cat passed out under the cot.

Peace, love and bread (bed?) to all.
Sincerely,
Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
01-06-2010, 06:17 AM,
For me its a chance for a good game and a break from everyday life.Plus the fact i get to meet cyberwise poeple from all over the world not a bad way to enjoy an evening while the wife watches all the crap on TV.
01-06-2010, 11:08 AM,
Larry and Mr. RR

Tablesalt was indeed one pumped individual for the CS system. I played him on a couple of occasions. Always enjoyed his pros and opinions on scenarios.

Haven't heard or see of him at all!

Another one that seems to be missing is Scouts Out. Thad is a decent player. I sent him a game request a while back and have heard nothing. I think there was also a "flare" post out on him a bit ago but I'm not sure what became of that or if anyone ever contacted him.

Ivan the Big:smoke: