• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

CS Ladder Views
12-16-2009, 07:17 AM,
RE: CS Ladder Views
Wow! Eek
I did not realize that my most innocent of posts would be one that would cause any controversy. :chin:Whip

My intent was to put up content that was consistent with highlighting the very reasons for this club, the CS ladder, and the forum in regards to the top ladder players, with a view on the new players that do help to keep the game and the club fresh and growing (or at least not declining as fast as others).

As far as ELO being the way to look at the "best players"?
Maybe so!
I've never cared for ELO. I look for games played, win/loss, player opponents, and the ability to keep playing in adversity that present the best players.
I actually think ELO may give a false view of a players ability. But, that is my opinion and I am happy to state it along with acknowledging that others may have different ones. :smoke:
I will say that Umbro and MorganJ just may be the best of the best. Their win/loss records show me that ... and I am sure that those who use ELO as the standard will see that it shows they are the "best of the best".

And, Hawk, I am sure that I probably have closer to two hundred draws reported against newbies and in matches where the scenarios were so out of balance I could not honestly report a win. ;)

For anyone who wants to contact me directly, my current e-mail is in my profile. Be aware that I will type in e-mail or PM much more frankly than I do in a forum post. :)

Good gaming to all.
And, please, help out the rookies.
That was the root reason for this thread. :smoke:

cheers

RR
Quote this message in a reply