• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

M60 A2 tank bns 1976-78
12-16-2009, 01:41 PM,
RE: M60 A2 tank bns 1976-78
It would be a maintenance nightmare having A1s and A2s in the same bn, not that the US Army of the period did all the smart things. And it would screw up the bns in the game system, not that that was a consern of theirs at the time.

When in the S-2 and S-3 shops at sqdn and bn level back then, they didnt let me make copies of the war plans for future wargaming use for some strange reason.
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2009, 01:53 PM,
RE: M60 A2 tank bns 1976-78
FM WarB Wrote:It would be a maintenance nightmare having A1s and A2s in the same bn, not that the US Army of the period did all the smart things. And it would screw up the bns in the game system, not that that was a consern of theirs at the time.

When in the S-2 and S-3 shops at sqdn and bn level back then, they didnt let me make copies of the war plans for future wargaming use for some strange reason.

The A2 alone was a maintenance nightmare. It was just too far ahead of it's time.

I was in the MI company for the 2ACR back in the mid-80's and although we couldn't make copies of the warplans either, we did use a copy of SPI's "NATO Division Commander" game in our exercises. We probably had the only classified copy of that game in existence! Wish I could have brought it home with me. Cry
Quote this message in a reply