• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New Pack of Long War Scenarios released
12-11-2009, 12:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2009, 01:19 PM by Mad_Dog.)
Smile  New Pack of Long War Scenarios released
I've released another set of scenarios for The Long War, featuring the British airborne in Helmand province of Afghanistan. Here is the historical background:

When the 3rd Battalion of the Parachute Regiment entered Afhganistan, their primary objective was to create stability, and an atmosphere where the local population viewed the Coalition forces and Afhgan government as a desirable and realistic alternative to Taliban rule. To achieve this objective, Lieutenant Colonel Stuart Tootal, 3 Para's CO, planned to use Afghan army and police forces in a stationary defensive role, which would legitimize them with the local population and free up his British forces to respond quickly and decisively to any Taliban threat.

However, political considerations forced Tootal to establish a 'platoon house' in Sangin for the majority of 3 Para's tour. The Para's patrolled constantly by day, and fought off furious Taliban attacks at night, exhausting the soldiers, and making it impossible for them to stabilize and improve the situation.

These scenarios are attempts to represent the fierce, small unit battles that took place in Sangin, and the courage of the soldiers who fought them.

You can download them at Task Force Echo Four. Thanks to Tom for playtesting them with me, and Alan for providing some space. I'd love to hear what you think of the scenarios, email me, or post something in the forum.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2009, 02:33 AM,
RE: New Pack of Long War Scenarios released
Good stuff, Mad Dog. Keep up the good work!

For those who browse over at TFE4 for content on a regular basis, and are into more techie type stuff, you can subscribe to get site updates though an RSS feed or to get direct EMAIL alerts for new content.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply