• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

**** OPERATIONAL COMBAT LEADER TOURNAMENT: HANS VON LUCK, PANZER COMMANDER
12-09-2009, 01:04 AM,
b_Exclamation Mark  **** OPERATIONAL COMBAT LEADER TOURNAMENT: HANS VON LUCK, PANZER COMMANDER
Brand new Tournament here:

http://vonluck.bravehost.com/OCLT.htm

I'm not sure that it will be a balanced tournament. The two first scenarios seems to be very balanced. The two next scenarios are unbalanced ones, but you will be in the winner side of one of them. Next two final scenarios have not statistics... but they are the south side of the second Alamein battle (a very tough and balanced battle) and the last is a VM scenario, so I think that it will be very balanced as usual.

Enjoy!!
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2009, 03:04 AM,
RE: **** OPERATIONAL COMBAT LEADER TOURNAMENT: HANS VON LUCK, PANZER COMMANDER
Sign me up.

Nick
Bioman
12-09-2009, 07:16 AM,
I'll try to continue with this Tournament around an officer career. This time is Hans von Luck. It could be "Pip" Roberts, Konstantin Rokossovsky, or any other.

i.e.

Walther Model was an Staff officer in the XVI Army in the French Campaign (F'40), then he was promoted the 3.PzD commander in the Russian invasion (S'41). In Tiphoon he was commanding officer of XXXXI Korps (M'41). In the Rezhev fighting and in Kursk he was the 9.AOK commander (R'42 and K'43). Then he was sent to the Northern Front in Russia, fighting in the Leningrad area. Then he was sent to command Army Group Center during Bagration (28 June) (M'44). Also he was sent to Normandy to try to rebuild a front (17 August). He commanded the forces who fought in Market Garden, and he was the commander of Army Group B in Bulge (B'44)... That makes him a very interesting subject for a Tournament.

Konstantin Rokossovsky fought in Smolensk. Probably I'm wrong, but Marshall Korobkov, the 4th Army commander, was executed by traitor and Rokossovsky took command (I have to confirm).In Tiphoon he was 16th Army commander. In Stalingrad he commanded Don Front. In Kursk he commanded the Central Front. Then he was assigned 1st Bielorrussian Front for the Bagration offensive. Then he fought in Poland and the Oder.

If you have any idea, I'll be glad to read it ;)
12-09-2009, 12:32 PM,
Sign me up too. Thanks
12-09-2009, 01:30 PM,
I'll play.
12-11-2009, 12:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2009, 12:37 PM by c00per.)
I will play.
12-12-2009, 12:17 AM,
I guess I can give this one a shot also.
12-12-2009, 01:52 AM,
Been waiting for a Tournament to start for which I owned all the titles. This seems like one, so I'll join in as well. Probably get my clock cleaned by some youngster but what the hell. ;)
12-12-2009, 03:43 AM,
I need a good bashing so sign me up as well....

LOL
12-12-2009, 04:27 AM,
I am so close in the ladder points to SG I better sign up for this tournament. Add me Sergio.

Hope I get the chance to give SG a loss. Then the sun wil rise in the west!
:whis:

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp