• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why does CSME keep track of saves?
12-08-2009, 05:07 AM,
RE: Why does CSME keep track of saves?
Montana Grizz Wrote:Hell, I'm going to win the dubious "tenacy" award sometime next year Cry

LOL! Pat, the two Order of the Phoenix awards are not dubious. Nor, do they show anything dubious about those who wear them proudly. :smoke:
In fact they should be seen as a great honor.
I am sure there are many players who would not battle through the total amount of losses to earn these awards? The ones who stick around and play on should be held in the highest esteem? :)
If I lost all my awards, these two would be the ones I would hold onto the longest. All others are mere trifles in comparison?

When the time comes for you I will be first in line to welcome you into a most exclusive group of brothers. You do know we have our own hall of honor in our CS "virtual" officers club?

Order of the Phoenix - Tenacity - Awarded for "extreme" courage and endurance in the face of adversity. Must be an Order of the Phoenix - Endurance holder and score 5000 points. Upon scoring 5000 points and continuing to meet the criteria of the Order of the Phoenix - Endurance, a player is eligible for induction into the "Order of the Phoenix - Tenacity". Any player so selected is truly worthy of special recognition for their dedication and devotion to the wargaming community "win, lose, or draw". Awarded by the Ladder or Club Commander.

Order of the Phoenix - Endurance - Awarded for courage and endurance in the face of adversity. Must lose 100 games on a Ladder and have a less than .500 winning percentage to qualify for this award. Awarded by the Ladder or Club Commander.

Montana Grizz Wrote:I might be concerned about 4-5 saves every turn in a 3 or 4 scenario, but otherwise ignore saves.

As others have stated. Simply talking to your opponent and/or knowing your opponent's character is more important than amount of saves you may see? There are many reasons. :chin:

cheers

RR
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2009, 10:38 AM,
Thanks Ed,

I guess I feel a little better about the awards now.

I'm certain to win the "endurance" award with a cluster by 2112, "tenacity" may take a while longer.

I just enjoy the game and hope to be playing against you and the other fine Blitz members for years to come.

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

12-08-2009, 11:18 AM,
Thank you gentleman for your feedback. I feel a bit foolish that it never even occured to me that you could get out of a bad move by simply going back to your last save. Almost speechless in fact...humbled by my ignorance.
But the from this point in time I will do everything I can to get out of this habit. As I mentioned, since CSME, whenever the game has crashed, I can usually save before closing the error screen. Of course, this won't help much during power surges and the like (I live in the so-called Lightning Capital of the World--Tampa, FL), but I'll just have to let my opponent know, as I always have, if I have to play a turn over.
For me, this issue is closed. God Bless America!
12-08-2009, 09:00 PM,
.. I just wanted to add my thing here....

I enjoy playing a lot of people here, some are chatty, some are not, sometimes I am, sometimes I'm not.. I enjoy the games and like TT said sometimes I get really involved in a scenario, sometimes it doesn't grab me and I can't wait for it to end..... still, the bottom line for me is... if I enjoy playing against someone, I don't care how many times they save a turn, I don't even care if they replay their turns now and again, it doesn't detract from my challenge of beating them, or my enjoyment of the game. If I don't enjoy playing against someone, then I just don't, nothing else matters.....

thanks for listening :)
12-08-2009, 11:46 PM,
Montana Grizz Wrote:Thanks Ed,

I guess I feel a little better about the awards now.

I'm certain to win the "endurance" award with a cluster by 2112, "tenacity" may take a while longer.

I just enjoy the game and hope to be playing against you and the other fine Blitz members for years to come.

Pat

Hey Pat!

No worries. You want a chuckle? Take a look at my ratings! Eek

ELO around 1900 and at a win/loss ratio under .500 lifetime puts me in the "no cheating going on around here" category too! ;)

During the last 3 months, I've played awful and it shows... win/loss ratio of .285. Eek

Win some? Lose some? :chin:

And as for game saves... in larger (6 and up size scenarios), I will save a few times per turn. I'm lazy and don't want to be forced to redo a lengthy turn because of a power glich, cat jumping on the keyboard (yep that happened once), family interruptions, work and hundreds of other things that pull you away from CS.

Again, it is always best to communicate directly with your opponent first if you have any questions regarding number of game saves or any other possible issues regarding game play.
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
12-09-2009, 03:47 AM,
Montana Grizz Wrote:I just enjoy the game and hope to be playing against you and the other fine Blitz members for years to come.

Pat,

That, the forum exchanges, information sharing, and cyber friendships made along the way are what makes it worth the time and effort? :chin:

I just looked at my ladder stats. I'm still one of the top "losers" with 422 reported losses. Eek
I do have 460 wins now and would not qualify for the awards. But, I think I won each of the endurance awards three times over before my win/loss ratio went above .500. :smoke:

You'll do fine. You have a good attitude. In another twenty or thirty years you'll catch up? LOL! ;)

cheers

RR
12-10-2009, 10:37 AM,
Tankertony,
...Egad!!! I live in Valrico, just east of Brandon...where in Tampa are you?
...hence my vehemence on this "number of saves" issue...am in Ocala right now, on business...
...but I understand it is supposed to rain (power outage)...any time...

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk