• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opinions
12-10-2009, 10:24 AM,
RE: Opinions
Cats,
...had no idea there was such a handle here, "Cats". Nice to meet you.
...am an old, old hippie, just having missed the beatnik crowd...who uses the word "Cats" indiscriminantly...
...no offense meant at all...

...now regarding people measuring penile lengths...that, is indeed, another question.

Cheers to all
Curt
Town Drunk
12-10-2009, 01:54 PM,
For real Ed...?

here...duck!!!!

you ever done that for real? I'm really tired of that stuff from you...

for real...no offense.

"Hand grenade in a crowd..."...what the hell is that? I was talking about measuring the length of penises...?

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk
12-10-2009, 05:50 PM,
What the heck?

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
12-10-2009, 08:40 PM,
Webster's New World dictionary:

Vitriol: definition 2 sharpness or bitterness of feeling, as in speech or writing: venom

I stand by what I have written.

cheers

RR
12-11-2009, 01:04 AM,
Mr. Guberman, look on the bright side, at least it wasn't a hand grenade tossed into a crowd measuring the lengths of penises :)
12-11-2009, 01:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-11-2009, 04:28 AM by Kool Kat.)
Larry Reese Wrote:And yes, I agree as well that all we have at the moment is a suspicion without evidence (that's why I intend to ask in a very comradely way about it). I also want to make it clear that I'm not saying this gent is cheating (and would never do so publicly), I'm just saying the turn counter was going off and was there a club standard or whatever that had been worked out (and wanted to hear other member's experiences as well).
LR

Larry:

The above is what I don't like about your "going public" with a current match without prior communication with your opponent. You post on the public forums that there are a number of game saves being registered and ask for feedback. Then you post that you have "suspicions without evidence" so even though you state in the next sentence that there would never be a public accusation of cheating from you (good!), you certainly have some suspicions and don't seem to have a problem going public with those? Again, without even informing your opponent? Or even asking him about the game saves?

Why not ask your opponent first? :chin:

IMO your going "public" is a breach of trust and exhibits disrespect for your current opponent. And that is why, IMO, there has been some sharp and blunt reaction to your thread?

And while we are on the subject of "vitriol" - IMO responses have been pretty civil based on the sensitive subject and the manner in which you presented the information.

Also, by publically "suspecting" and questioning an opponent's game behavior, you damage the integrity of the next few players who report a game against you. Player behavior and suspect game play should be handled privately with the Ladder Commander as per Club Rule #14 (Cheating).

Finally, poking fun at or dismissing others' opinions because they don't agree with your premise also does not further discussion? :chin:

Net: This was a thread that never should have been?
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
12-11-2009, 07:26 AM,
Hey there Mike,

You're fully entitled to your opinion, and I understand your point of view although I do not fully agree with it. Also, from other responses received there seems to be a large difference in opinion amongst staff and other members on this topic. Anonymous discussion of it does not harm anyone. If you chose to think ill of someone who reports a game against me in the near future based on this discussion, that is your prerogative. I personally base my opinion and judgments of individuals on what they do that I observe, not on what others have said about them. Let's just call it a difference in philosophy.

Best regards,

LRn
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM,
Larry:

Your thread has been enlightening. :chin:

Posting suspicions of another player's game behavior on the public forums without first informing or communicating with your opponent... or working privately with the Ladder Commander per Club Rule #14 (Cheating)... illustrates your character and integrity?

Like you, I base my opinions and judgments of others on their actions?

For that, I am thankful that we do not adhere to the same "philosophy."
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
12-12-2009, 04:33 AM,
Man, this thread has gone on enough. With or without rulers? :rolleyes:

This horse meat is well tenderized. Whip:chin:

cheers

RR
12-12-2009, 04:54 AM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:Man, this thread has gone on enough. With or without rulers? :rolleyes:

This horse meat is well tenderized. Whip:chin:

cheers

RR

I agree Ed! :cool:

I'm done. I've said all I need to say on this topic.

Peace out everyone. :smoke:
Send this user an email