• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Old dog...
11-25-2009, 09:06 AM,
RE: Old dog...
Well actually Paul (steel god) is the really diplomatic officer round here and often puts me to shame with his level headed reasoning. Big Grin

My "better half" once suggested i become a RSPCA inspector (they are a huge UK animal charity), but once i explained to her if i found out a person had been mistreating an animal i would go round and mistreat them :kill: she decided it was a very bad idea. LOL
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2009, 09:55 AM,
Gasbag,

I adopted an older dog through a friend of a friend... When we picked her up, it was clear she was not cared for very well... Neglected came to my mind when I picked her up...

She was only with us for a short time, but I'm absolutely sure she had a much better life than she would have had with her original owners... She was a very good dog... Medical issues are definitely associated with older animals... If you consider keeping the dog, I would recommend a stop at the vet to know just what the current state of health is...

Regards,

Jim
11-25-2009, 02:27 PM,
Thanks to everyone for the sound advice.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
11-26-2009, 05:30 AM,
alaric99x Wrote:Well, Darran, if you weren't spending all your time here being a super-moderator, you could have had a bright career in your nation's diplomatic corps, or maybe as a member of the clergy.....

I have this image stuck in my head of Darran in a dog collar now Big Grin
11-27-2009, 01:38 AM,
FLG Wrote:I have this image stuck in my head of Darran in a dog collar now Big Grin

It gives me some small comfort to know that I'm not the only one who suffers this indignity from an angry wife.