• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Blotchy vehicles...
11-18-2009, 09:06 AM,
Blotchy vehicles...
I loaded up CMAK on my old pc last week after a really long hiatus & I noticed how the vehicles had ugly blotches on them. I never really noticed this before as I run all my other stuff at 32-bit. According to the manual CM runs at 16-bit. I'm using my old Geforce FX 5500 card on an XP machine. Is there a way to fiddle with the colour settings to remove these ugly "stains" of colour (that's the only way that I can describe them).

Thanks...
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
Quote this message in a reply
11-18-2009, 09:58 AM,
RE: Blotchy vehicles...
can you post a screenshot of the problem?
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
11-18-2009, 12:14 PM,
Not yet. I'm going to reinstall CMAK & try it at a lower refresh rate. I had it running at 1024x768 (16-bit) @ 85Hz. Maybe if I lower the refresh rate the graphics may improve.

P.S. How do I post a screenshot btw?

Thanks again...
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
11-18-2009, 11:26 PM,
Press the "print screen" button, open up any Jpeg/GIF image editing software (you can use pain but the .BMP files will be huge), open up a new file (photoshop automatically sets the size of the image to the copied image in the clipboard) and then press "ctrl" and "v" at the same time (or go to Edit->paste) and your image should be there
11-19-2009, 12:18 AM,
It is also explained here:

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=48397
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
11-20-2009, 04:20 PM,
Thanks again for the help. I tried CMAK at a lower refresh rate (70 Hz) & it's still ugly (in my opinion). I think the problem lies in that the game runs at 16-bit colour while I've gotten used to seeing games running in 32-bit. Does anyone know if the CM series can be run in 32-bit?