• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Defending the Reich
11-15-2009, 12:36 PM,
Defending the Reich
Anyone want to play the Germans to my England in a Defending the Reich PBEM?
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2009, 07:44 AM,
RE: Defending the Reich
Have you already found an opponent?

I would like to play it...
just send me your turn and I'll defend the Reich! ;)
11-19-2009, 08:07 AM,
Hey Mark, you doing ok? I got sucked into a game of WITP with Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkey (a misnomer for sure), game=one year, realtime=AT LEAST 18 mos....plus still playing a few TOAW....
11-19-2009, 10:17 AM,
sergio Wrote:Have you already found an opponent?

I would like to play it...
just send me your turn and I'll defend the Reich! ;)

I'll get you a turn sent just be advised that I'll be out of town all next week.
11-19-2009, 10:19 AM,
Currahee Wrote:Hey Mark, you doing ok? I got sucked into a game of WITP with Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkey (a misnomer for sure), game=one year, realtime=AT LEAST 18 mos....plus still playing a few TOAW....

Yep, doing okay. Still playing away. Am finishing up playtesting the Eagle Day/Bombing the Reich game and also doing playtesting for HPS on a couple of games plus now I'm getting back into TOAW again. We'll have to see about a game after the holidays.
11-19-2009, 01:12 PM,
That'll work! Should have a faster computer going by then...
11-20-2009, 11:44 AM,
How does the HPS game compare to the Matrix game? I heard that its more focused and less complex. Which for me are not bad things, but is it so simple that the options are severely limited?
11-20-2009, 04:49 PM,
I don't have the Matrix game but I can tell you that DTR is fairly detailed for a "beer & pretzels" game. The system is easy to learn so you can be playing within an hour: no reams of rules to wade through. The AI is pretty decent; it can throw you some real curve balls. The only real issue that I have with the game is that from time to time the program will crash with a "Run-time error" message and you have to reload it and start your turn over again. This is irritating :hissy: but at least it's not frequent.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
11-20-2009, 07:45 PM,
I've never had any problems with it crashing. It is what I would call a "beer & pretzel" type game. Not a lot of complexity but very fun. The Matrix game, which I'm on the playtest team, is a whole different ballgame. It is going to be a lot more complex but offers you a lot more realism I think. It is all about what you'd like. Me, I like both.
11-21-2009, 08:57 AM,
The "Run-time error" glitch doesn't occur with every single turn (or game) but it does happen sometimes. I know that this problem isn't limited to my machine because I remember reading a review of DTR on The Wargamer & the reviewer had exactly the same issue. I'm running the game on an XP machine with Direct X 9.0c and with the 1.01 patch installed. Here's the link for the game information: http://www.hpssims.com/Pages/products/de...freich.htm so you can decide for yourself whether you want it.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe