• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Only Warriors Need Apply: DGVN Tournament
11-14-2009, 09:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2009, 10:16 PM by Yossarian.)
Only Warriors Need Apply: DGVN Tournament
Come on you Guys, it's time to step up and do the right thing and get back into the Southeast Asian Jungle. The Nam... A uique war and great scenarios. More action than you can hardly handle.

True, there aren't many armor vs. armor scenarios, but we have U.S. and ARVN armor and some scenarios even have NVA Armor, firbases, motorized tropps, ranged weapons, U.S. Rver Gunboats, Sampans, Amphibious assaaults, Hueys and Cobra's (with more movement than any uits in any game), hot LZ's, onboard and offboard airstrikes (including napaln), B-52 Arclite Strikes, Sooky Gunships, flyable spotter aircraft, Marnies & Marine Recon, Army and Special Forces (Rangers, Green Berets and LRRPS), Navy Seals, ROK (Republic of Korea) Marines and Australian troops...very tough dudes all! And don't forget the ARVNS and Montenyards.

Opposing the allied forces are the very resourceful Viet Cong (VC) and the highly respected North Vietnamese Army (NVA). All with great morale! AK platoons, SKS platoons, Engineers, Sappers, Snipers, Swimmers, Motar Crews (arguably the best in the world), Artillery, RPG platoons, AA Guns and Rockts.

Jungle, swamps, mountains, elephant grass, rice paddies, villages, towns, cities and civilians that you can move around. You even get booby traps (mines and ambushes).

And the best part is that you get to play mirror scenarios. That's right, you get to play both sides in each scenario! Cool!

This is a warriors tournamnt...poges and weak of heart need not apply. How about testing yourself, you'll be glad you did. :) Lock & Load amigos. Even if you lose it's going to be a blast! LOL

Contact Magog or Yossarian and let us know.

Yossarian :smoke:
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2009, 11:00 AM,
RE: Only Warriors Need Apply: DGVN Tournament
Bumped to the top for my good buddy Mike.......
A DGVN Tournament produced by Majog is a work of art.. :bow:
Lets get the Tournament Started..... : )

Cheers,

Eddie
11-23-2009, 06:09 PM,
I was wondering what the status was with this tournament? Also, I saw some posts concerning putting all the necessary DGVN files in one easy location at the Blitz. Any further word on that?
BTW, after installing Windows 7, I've encountered no serious problems with CSME. Only a very slight screen shift when I unload from transports. And the unit dialog box vanished a couple of times, but that problem seemed to go away. Other than that, this OS, which I got free from my school, ROCKS!
11-25-2009, 06:43 AM,
Yes, I am curious too.