• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DGVN Tourney
11-15-2009, 04:54 PM,
RE: DGVN Tourney
I happen to have my old Divided Ground CD, and would love to give this a shot.
Where can I find the VN mod? What, nobody play's the middle east version anymore??
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2009, 05:06 PM,
Found it under downloads/mods. I'll load er' up tommorrow after I install my new hard drive. Cobras, napalm, killin' commies, I'm already getting excited!
11-15-2009, 09:53 PM,
The VN mod in the downloads/mods section is old, you need v2.0.

Go to http://www.freewebs.com/dgvnmods/mods.htm

At the bottom of the page after "SPECIAL NOTE>>>> Balanced scn's in.." you will find 19 files.

File 17 is the install instructions but is a bit out of date. Disregard "Blitz FTP" and use the 19 files you got..

Note that some zip files contains folder names that are not used. Such as DGARVN2.00, DGBRITT2.00.. so be sure to uncheck 'Use folder names' in winzip. Unless it is something that goes into the PICTURES folder which is used..
Also note that the Blitz FTP has v2.01 of some OOBs. Not necessary though..
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
11-16-2009, 01:22 AM,
Antoni/Scud,

Can we get the latest version of this uploaded to the Blitz? We should have a copy of the latest mods available for the members.

Thanks,

Jim
11-16-2009, 01:53 AM,
Jim:

The reason for my own web site was that there are numerous files that need to be downloaded and installed in a certain order. I found my site better suited for this and faster.

What I usually do help people out wanting to install the mod and having problems is to created them a CD with all the files including all my 150 plus DGVN scn on them and then all they have to do is copy all the files over their existing DG install.

What I can do if Blitz can host it is make a zip of that whole folder for people to download at one time. They should note though it is like 600 plus meg even zipped.

Let me know on how you think the best way to handle that is.

j:smoke:
11-16-2009, 02:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2009, 02:22 AM by Jim von Krieg.)
Jorge,

I'll have to get back to you on that. I don't see why we can't do it, but I want to make sure we can accomplish this with the new setup we have. I'm not familiar with it since it went operational while I was in Iraq.

Thanks for the explanation. I've been watching the discussion about the tourney since I returned as I've almost convinced myself to find my DG disk and put it on the new laptop, then install the VN Mod. If one guy will make a difference I'll bump it up on the priority list just to make sure the tourney gets rolling. If not, I'll get to it over my impending 40 days of leave (31 of them PDMRA which for the non-Army types is free leave because I've been downrange for so long over the last 3 years.)

Thanks for the work on this. There was some good that came out of DG and it's definitely what you did with it.

Take care,

Jim
11-16-2009, 04:04 AM,
Jim,

If you do find you want that DG disk let me know.
I'll ship it priority. Just e-mail the addy you want to have it sent to.

RR
11-16-2009, 05:35 AM,
Jim/RR:

I think lots of others are in the same boat. They would like to try but are a bit intimidated by they instructions. They are pretty excited to find I am willing to burn them a CD that is easy to use. If Blitz has an FTP site it might be easy to upload. Downloading 600+ meg though will take most member several hours. I have always thought it might be possible for the club to sell the DGVN cd like they did the first EF expansion. I would not want any of the revenue and think the Matix version is still a ways off.

J
11-16-2009, 05:52 AM,
I'd imagine these DGVN tourneys will be much easier when Modern Wars Vol 1 finally gets released, which will include Middle East and Vietnam.
11-25-2009, 07:37 AM,
Will DGVN run under Windows 7?