• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Uncontrolled Units
10-29-2009, 04:46 AM,
Uncontrolled Units
Question: do Uncontrolled units still possess facing when an attack against them is being calculated? In other words, do they still have a vulnerable flank and rear even though they have no apparent formation?

Thanks.

Tim
Quote this message in a reply
10-31-2009, 12:27 AM,
RE: Uncontrolled Units
A follow-up regarding Uncontrolled units. In a scenario I've currently got going, I have an Uncontrolled unit at 174% of stacking. Is this a bug or are Uncontrolled units exempt from stacking limits? I know that routed and retreating units are not allowed to overstack but are eliminated instead....

Anybody?

Tim
10-31-2009, 10:32 AM,
Please forward the game file to HPS and they will check it out. 174% stacking sounds like a bug to me. I assume you are on the most recent version of the game and this game was not half way through when you upgraded to the latest version.
10-31-2009, 10:38 AM,
Uncontrolled units do have a facing and this is seen on the unit information box. The facing direction is not shown on the 2D map as a player has no control over the unit and therefore can not change the direction it is pointing. To speed up play, units that are uncontrolled are not given a facing; in the 2D view this allows a player to very quickly identify which units he can place orders on.
Yes, they still have a vulnerable flank and rear.
10-31-2009, 10:56 AM,
Leonadis Wrote:Please forward the game file to HPS and they will check it out. 174% stacking sounds like a bug to me. I assume you are on the most recent version of the game and this game was not half way through when you upgraded to the latest version.

Unfortunately the game file has been overwritten since I posted this. Klaus can testify, though. Attached is a picture I preserved.

Thanks for the reply about flanks and rear of Uncontrolled units.

Tim

.gif   overstack.gif (Size: 108.13 KB / Downloads: 17)