• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

UNRV - Roman Forum
10-24-2009, 01:03 PM,
UNRV - Roman Forum
http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php

"UNRV... United Nations of Roma Victrix represents the all encompassing power of Rome in the ancient world. United and Romanized, through conquest, or absorbed through its culture, Rome still stands today as a legacy to the achievement of mankind, and its failures.

UNRV Roman Empire aims to give visitors a substantial look into what Rome was. We will delve into all aspects of its society and those of her neighbors, and perhaps share a greater understanding of our own world through that of the past.

Through the sharing of archeological news, and in-depth content, we can only hope that just one person will be inspired to dig deeper into history. We hope to provide a forum for those who study Rome in all forms. A place for scholars, students and those who seek to learn, to exchange ideas and gather information. Perhaps just one influenced mind will discover the next Rosetta Stone, or unveil lost secrets of the archaeological world."

A very interesting site.
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2009, 11:20 PM,
RE: UNRV - Roman Forum
Terrific site, Al. Thanks for the link.

FWIW, I've found these sites to be useful too:

Livius.org:
http://www.livius.org/
LacusCurtius:
http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/home.html

Tim
10-24-2009, 11:29 PM,
Hey Dog.........

We are beginning to develope a nice database of info. Al and Tim are on the ball, or they are on something (hehe). Would I be wrong in suggesting a dedicated thread for info such as this and also a dedicated thread for game info. It is so much easier to find if it is in one thread.

Just a thought...........

Thanks Guys for the links, It will give me something to read in my spare time.
10-24-2009, 11:56 PM,
Good idea, Cats. Maybe DS can sticky these items?

Tim
10-25-2009, 02:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2009, 02:39 AM by Dog Soldier.)
Actually we have a "links" section at the blitz for these kind of things under G4|Supply. (Yop of this page.) Links to relevant web pages can be submitted there by members and reviewed by the officers.

I can add these to the What every member needs to know thread.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-25-2009, 02:59 AM,
Thanks Dog or should I say Mr. Soldier.....
10-25-2009, 09:31 AM,
Tim,

They are good sites. I have them on my favorites, added them when we started work on PW.

I have about 50 links maybe I should compile a list and add them to the appropriate list here.
Al Amos
Start with God - the first step in learning is bowing down to God; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning. - Proverbs 1:7 The Message
10-25-2009, 10:40 AM,
Al,
How about adding a post to the initial post I have made in the What every member needs to know thread.

50 links :bow: would clutter up the initial post, IMHO. I would have to bill you for moderation services. :whis:

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp