• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Possible Issues.....
10-24-2009, 02:55 AM,
Possible Issues.....
I am currently playing a GW PBEM game with TJD. We have encountered a glitch in our game. It has caused the game to crash. Not sure why. Al Amos and I also encountered a issue.

The issues have occured after loading the GW 1.03 patch. We are not sure this is the issue but would like to know if anyone else that is playing a PBEM game using the 1.03 patch has had any problems.

Just trying to be proactive to help HPS..

Please post here if any issues..........
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2009, 03:17 AM,
RE: Possible Issues.....
FWIW, sometimes an update creates a problem with older scenarios. The scenario in question was 013_Slave Uprising.

I've had only 3 PBEM games in GW. The first 2 were with 1.02 and they were error-free.

Tim
10-24-2009, 03:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2009, 03:45 AM by Dog Soldier.)
Feedback like this is a good thing. It is hard in testing a game release or a patch to cover everything. HPS has a proven track record of listening to its customers.

Maybe each of you can send your game files with passwords to Leonadis individually. That makes it much easier to see what is going on. I think HPS has a tool that allows a game developer to run a game turn in a debug mode, which would get to the root of this problem real quick.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-24-2009, 03:48 AM,
Hi.

Have you played the games that crashed in "Extreme fog of war" mode ?

Cheers, Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
10-24-2009, 03:52 AM,
Jolly Roger Wrote:Hi.

Have you played the games that crashed in "Extreme fog of war" mode ?

Cheers, Klaus

Hi Klaus:

No, it was just basic Fog of War. I'm sure.

Tim
10-24-2009, 03:55 AM,
Hi Tim.

Sometimes files get damaged by email transfer, AW files seem to be more vulnerable. Please, try to go 1-2 turns back and restart from this point.

Cheers, Klaus cheers
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
10-24-2009, 03:58 AM,
Jolly Roger Wrote:Hi Tim.

Sometimes files get damaged by email transfer, AW files seem to be more vulnerable. Please, try to go 1-2 turns back and restart from this point.

Cheers, Klaus cheers

Actually, Klaus, I did try that. I thought it might be an issue with Gmail so I resent through another email route. No difference.

I agree that AW files are more vulnerable. Uncompressed, they are just enormous.

Tim
10-24-2009, 08:00 PM,
Version 1.03 will not take games part way through version 1.02. The army counter limit has been raised from 600 to 700 to cater for very large scenarios in the Ancient Warfare series such as Cannae. All Ancient Warfare improvements are applied to all games in the series and Gallic Wars has just been updated in this manner. The same scenarios when played from the start with the new engine will work fine. Players will need to conclude existing games with Gallic Wars version 1.02
If you have written over the old version and do not have a copy then drop a line to [email protected] and we will send you the key file that will allow you to return to version 1.02.
Once you have completed your game then download version 1.03 before you start a new game.
10-25-2009, 02:33 AM,
Leonadis Wrote:Once you have completed your game then download version 1.03 before you start a new game.

Always good advice when installing any game patch for any game, just to be sure.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp