• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Some new guys observations...
10-22-2009, 01:59 AM,
Some new guys observations...
All,

As a very new member, September 2009, please allow me to give you some observations and a couple of question.

Pros:

Excellent division of games on forums
Good ladder system
A very friendly bunch
Good historical resource info.
Games, Quizes and such to keep interest among members.

Con:

Which site should I use? New Blitz or Old (registered at both)
Attempted to complete some info and when I sent info to who was responsable, they emailed back "no longer member of the Blitz". Might be a good idea to update current members who are responsable for site.
Love the map idea, New Blitz is automatic, old Blitz is outdated.
Hard to understand where to go on site.

Some suggestions:

Provide a quick overview of site so newbies have an easy starting point.
Looks like last new info on New Blitz is from July. Which site should we currently use?
Update staff members to show only current, involved members.

I am very happy to be a member of this fine group. I have just recently started to war game and was directed to this site by one of the HPS folks. Very glad I did. Please know I am just offering some thoughts from my perspective. Thanks and My best,

Scott Clawson
Indianapolis, Indiana USA
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2009, 02:53 AM,
RE: Some new guys observations...
Hey Scott;

Thanks for the feed back it's always appreciated.

The "New Blitz" is a work in progress. I's something our webmaster has been working on for many months, and recently decided to provide a link to it as a way to get people to poke around and provide feed back on it while it is still in development. When the "new blitz" is opened for business, the existing website will be mothballed. Until such time as that happens, this site is the current one with the correct data. The "new one" is just a template and the data will be ported over from here to there at the appropriate time. Sorry for any confusion on that.

Not sure who you contacted about what, but the Chain of Command section is always kept up to date. If you need help on any range of subjects and don't know who to get with, the Chain of Command area will be your almost always infallible guide.

As for inactive members, Blitz policy is always to keep your records even if you go inactive. Once you have reported a single game your records will always be in our data base and even if you go inactive for a number of years, you can return and pick up where you left off. The only way to be removed from the Club is voluntarily by request, or banned for some wrong doing.

Hope this helps, if not post again and we'll try and sort it out for you.

Good Gaming;

Paul aka steel god
Vice Commander
Blitz War Gaming
Quote this message in a reply