• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Routed units
10-15-2009, 11:24 PM,
Routed units
It appears that routed units have their movement hindered/stuked by adjacents ennemy units making them slaughtered during following combat rounds.
I wish routed units could flee more easily, especially if they have more mouvement points than their attacker.
For example, in the game between TJD and I, 2 Romans cavalry were routing and they were almost wiped out by pursuing LMI.
Nothing could be done about this kind of odd situation? Like automatically move the routed units of all their movement allowance if there is a path free of ennemy ZOC in case of an ennemy units is or approaching within 4 hexes (which is a prerequisite for rallying an unit anyway)
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2009, 04:14 AM,
RE: Routed units
Were the routing units slaughtered or did they surrender? I have seen units which are surrounded surrender. You still lose them and their VP, but it is subtle difference where the units decided further resistance was pointless.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-16-2009, 06:40 AM,
Dog Soldier Wrote:Were the routing units slaughtered or did they surrender? I have seen units which are surrounded surrender. You still lose them and their VP, but it is subtle difference where the units decided further resistance was pointless.

Dog Soldier

They were my routing Roman cav and no, this wasn't a surround situation. They had a straight line of escape but Barca's LI hung onto them like terriers. It did seem odd that routing cav couldn't outrun infantry.

Tim
10-16-2009, 08:23 AM,
We had biten the legs of your horses first.
10-17-2009, 11:14 AM,
This is a good point and an element of the game that can be developed. HPS will look in to improving this area, thank you.
10-17-2009, 05:08 PM,
Tell Barca's LI to lay off the caffeine. Big GrinBig Grin

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-17-2009, 05:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2009, 05:35 PM by Titus.)
I have looked at the programming and routed units retain their full allocation of action points. As such the Roman heavy cavalry with 120 action points should escape the enemy LI with 90 action points. However, if the Roman cavalry are facing the enemy LI then they will need to use action points to turn around and may not escape the enemy LI. Only once they have their backs to the enemy LI can the cavalry outrun the LI. HPS can have a closer look at your game turn file and look at the specifics of your situation. You can send the game file turn to [email protected]. Please include the e-mail password of both players.
10-17-2009, 10:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2009, 10:25 PM by TJD.)
Leonadis Wrote:I have looked at the programming and routed units retain their full allocation of action points. As such the Roman heavy cavalry with 120 action points should escape the enemy LI with 90 action points. However, if the Roman cavalry are facing the enemy LI then they will need to use action points to turn around and may not escape the enemy LI. Only once they have their backs to the enemy LI can the cavalry outrun the LI. HPS can have a closer look at your game turn file and look at the specifics of your situation. You can send the game file turn to [email protected]. Please include the e-mail password of both players.

I had another perfect example of rabid LI in uncontrolled advance chasing routed cav to the edge of the board. This chase lasted 3-4 turns. It was a small group of LI, < 20, and the cav outnumbered them 3-1 at the outset. Do LI receive a movement bonus when in uncontrolled advance? That might explain how they are able to keep up.

I'll save the moves next time it occurs.

Tim
10-18-2009, 07:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2009, 07:09 AM by Barca.)
Quote:Tell Barca's LI to lay off the caffeine.
They had only drunk some cheap wine held in reserve in a roman farm near the battlefield. (and the Roman cavalry had made a big, big mistake: they positionned themselve between my drunk LMI and the very last amphoras of wine)

Leonadis Wrote:I have looked at the programming and routed units retain their full allocation of action points. As such the Roman heavy cavalry with 120 action points should escape the enemy LI with 90 action points. However, if the Roman cavalry are facing the enemy LI then they will need to use action points to turn around and may not escape the enemy LI. Only once they have their backs to the enemy LI can the cavalry outrun the LI. HPS can have a closer look at your game turn file and look at the specifics of your situation. You can send the game file turn to [email protected]. Please include the e-mail password of both players.
Thanks Leonadis. I will send the game files as soon as I have TJD's password.
By the way, which files do you need exactly? The one with the replay of the situation or the one just before?
10-18-2009, 09:53 PM,
It helps if you can give both turn files. Thank you.