• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Random factor
10-08-2009, 10:35 PM,
Random factor
Hello all,
Is there any random factor involved in combat resolution (melee and fire)?

Unless I miss some modificators (there are a lot for melee and I find them very good. However, I think that there are not enough mods for ranged fire: distance, fired from shieldless side and/or rear for example are lacking in my opinion) the results in game are not what they should be (f I read correctly the missile or melee effectiveness charts), though not far from them.
Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2009, 10:42 PM,
RE: Random factor
Oups!
I just checked the in game doc and the charts are different from my manual...I will throw myself from the Tarpeian Rock.
10-09-2009, 07:09 AM,
Hi There .

Yes the game Doc is always being updated , with new games that come out. . ;)
10-09-2009, 10:46 PM,
The Rules manual is the key document here for the latest data on the melee and missile fire effectiveness. The game menu pop down on the combat charts needs updating. The Rules manual charts continue to be updated and so does the game engine to improve the realism of the Ancient Warfare games. If you believe that a specific combat condition is not well represented in the game please explain your view here and the HPS team will consider it. Where it is believed to be valid and the game programme can be adapted then a suitable change will be made to the next update.

The game does have random factors included but they are not dominant and generally the same result will occur when the same conditions apply in combat and missile fire.
10-10-2009, 12:03 AM,
Leonadis Wrote:The game does have random factors included but they are not dominant and generally the same result will occur when the same conditions apply in combat and missile fire.
Ok, thanks, that is interesting since I do not remember to have read it anywhere.

Leonadis Wrote:If you believe that a specific combat condition is not well represented in the game please explain your view here and the HPS team will consider it. Where it is believed to be valid and the game programme can be adapted then a suitable change will be made to the next update.
That's great! But I just began to play this game.
In my opinion, you should implement more modificators for ranged fire, like I said:
- malus for distance (and perhaps bonus for point blank)
- bonus for shooting at the right flank (which is not protected by a shield) or the rear (no shield and generally less armor since you are not supposed to fight showing your back)
It is only suggestions and they are subject to debate.