• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

hotmail
10-07-2009, 03:43 AM,
hotmail
Seems that hotmail is rejecting lots of different email addresses in some sort of recent change to combat spam. My wife's emai account was affected, and when I went to microsoft to find out why, I discovered that it seems to be a fairly widespread problem..

Thought that I would come and warn anybody here who might be in a PBEM game with somebody with a hotmail account...

Following is the error:

Diagnostic code: smtp;550 SC-004 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. A block has been placed against your IP address because we have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address. If you are not an email/network admin please contact
Remote system: dns;mx1.hotmail.com

No doubt microsoft will discover some sort of solution before xmas.
Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2009, 03:49 AM,
RE: hotmail
There is a semi-fix already, through their info on contacting someone, but not sure in your case who. Glenn Saunders and I had major similar issues with my AT&T email blocking his provider's email server, due to excessive spam being received from it - not that their server did but it passed along a lot of spam emails, so AT&T blocked it. I believe you have run into the same situation. Glenn had to contact his provider to work with AT&T for changes to limit spam and thus eliminate the block. Sounds like the same thing may be done here but finding out how can be hard.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-07-2009, 04:20 AM,
Thumbs_Down  RE: hotmail
Hi folks,

I´m experiencing the same problem with comcast net for about 3 months.

Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
10-07-2009, 02:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-07-2009, 02:19 PM by von Nev.)
Hi Joseph,

Did you get my email about S42? I sent it yesterday.

Marty
10-08-2009, 04:53 AM,
I did..and my russians are well on their way to Kharkov. Nothing bad ever happens in Kharkov