• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Learning curve or Am I just that stupid?
09-25-2009, 01:57 AM,
RE: Learning curve or Am I just that stupid?
Cats Wrote:Anyway, the battle was a least a draw. Usually the crows are just feasting on my troops and the barbarians are taking the spoils of the battle.

You're getting it done. Hang in there! cheers

Quote:I realize that we are mostly talking about Gallic Wars. Am I correct to assume that Punic Wars is the same. Did Alexander show any improvements?

I think the game engine is overall he same for all 3 titles. Punic Wars has had a very recent and large update as well and incorporated improvements & fixes drawn from the later games. This series seems very well supported.

Tim
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2009, 03:33 AM,
Big GrinHi Tim,

the series is indeed very well supported.
"Alexandrian Wars" covers new features like complete Campaigns
and improvements concerning siege warfare.
The impact of missile fire and protection by shields has been changed to more realistic parameters too.....etc..

I really like Gallic Wars, particulary "Slave Wars".
Hope Dean will change the "Gallic Slave Infantry and Cavalry" to more
appropriate images. Guess "Civilians" equipped with parts of Roman
armors, shields and weapons would be more realistical, as it would have been very difficult for the Slaves to find Gallic equipment Big Grin:whis:Big Grin
Dean ? Haven´t heard from you since a very long time my friend !

Cheers, Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM,
Scott and Tim,

Glad to see you here at the blitz. Klaus and I are working to build this community. So bring your questions, and hopefully your answers too. The AW games are intriguing, the detail is exquisite, and the learning curve requires technical climbing equipment. Bring your stakes and carabiners.

Once you can beat the AI, you can do it over and over. PBEM is far more rewarding. We are all beginners for the most part with this system as it evolves.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-26-2009, 09:51 AM,
After reading this I am going to give Gallic Wars another try. One scenario I would always play was The Legion vs. The Phalanx and would always be amazed when the Roman Heavy Infantry broke my line head on. I think giving a 'hold order' will be of some help, probably will pay more attention to terrain too.
09-27-2009, 10:27 AM,
Tim - you will find when placing a 'Skirmish' order on a unit on the same hex as the unit's existing position, a trumpet will sound to confirm the order has been placed. When you click on the unit again the bottom status bar will tell you the unit has received the order with the comment 'Unit skirmishing'. and as you said, by having the 'scroll' order received option active means all units with orders will be highlighted.
09-27-2009, 10:35 PM,
Leonadis Wrote:Tim - you will find when placing a 'Skirmish' order on a unit on the same hex as the unit's existing position, a trumpet will sound to confirm the order has been placed. When you click on the unit again the bottom status bar will tell you the unit has received the order with the comment 'Unit skirmishing'. and as you said, by having the 'scroll' order received option active means all units with orders will be highlighted.

Thanks for the tip, Leonadis! I usually play with the sound off as the noise of rampaging elephants has the most alarming effect on my cat. But I did not notice the "Unit Skirminishing" message. Very good to know.

Thanks,

Tim
09-27-2009, 10:47 PM,
Hi.

You´ll hear the same trumpet when you rally routed troops.

Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
09-29-2009, 10:48 PM,
Guys,

Just a FYI. My wife and I have taken a short holiday and I will return on the 7TH of October. Didn't want you guys to think I got lost.

My best,
09-29-2009, 11:21 PM,
Cats Wrote:Guys,

Just a FYI. My wife and I have taken a short holiday and I will return on the 7TH of October. Didn't want you guys to think I got lost.

My best,

Have a good holiday, Cats! See you on the 7th.

Best,

Tim
10-03-2009, 09:24 PM,
Hi Guys
Always good to see guys talking about how best to play these games.. and working out why they can not do some things..

PW was the first and is always being updated as new things are added to the new games being made. The test team are a great groop of guys and do a very good job. Paul the main man is also well on top of the games making sure any bugs need to be worked on and to improve every new game that comes out.

Klaus , my good friend , sorry i have not been around for some time but working on the art takes up most of my time and i will get around to change those Gallic Slave Infantry and Cavalry"

Maybe after christmas..

I will be around on this forum more now and will help out any member i can with things to do with the game..

Its always nice to have a topic up like a wish list on things you would like to see added to the game or taken away if you dont think its historical .

Myself and one or two testers for these games will be around and passing on all wish lists to Paul.

The main thing is to have fun and a good active club.

Dean.