• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

UK daytime/early evening PBEM CMAK CMBB
09-22-2009, 09:42 PM,
UK daytime/early evening PBEM CMAK CMBB
I'm looking to play PBEM CM:AK or CM:BB UK daytimes/early evenings.

Normally high turn rate (depends on number of concurrent games, but I can easily get through 10 game turns a day when up and running). I don't play tcp/ip because I need thinking and mousing time :). I'm slow to choose forces if I'm not familiar with the theatre, set-up and first order turn takes me a while, but then I can whack off turns pretty quickly.

1. Game engine to be used (CMBO, CMBB or CMAK).

BB or AK

2. Year and month of battle.
Any, provided the set-up is balanced, although playing early-war Russian conscripts is NOT fun!

3. Type of battle
I currently prefer to defend. I don't mind attacking/assaulting. I'm not terribly fond of 'dash for the flags' MEs (although the odd one has been fun), but I'll play anything balanced. Not interested in armour only/mostly. Prefer random QBs over scenarios with new opponents, although not averse to playing good scenarios unknown to both parties.

4. Nations to be fought.
I'll fight anyone after a pint or seven!

5. Size of battle if QB (IE. 1000Pt ME)
Don't mind. Never played tiny, only once played huge against the AI.

6. Any rule sets to be used.
I haven't found them yet, but any that preclude dumping arty on a small set-up zone on Turn 1 or playing Tigers vs Snipers or similar silliness. Up for discussion. I'll have a shufti and see if I can find them.

7. Size of map.
Don't mind. Bigger maps/higher turns, more turns per day expected from my opponent. Not interested in playing one turn a week!

8. Number of turns.
Don't mind. Bigger maps/higher turns, more turns per day expected from my opponent. Not interested in playing one turn a week!

9. Number of turns you wish to be played per week
Several per day, most days. (by which I mean complete game turns, not just single PBEM exchanges). My memory isn't good enough to keep track of one game amongst many played with just maybe one turn per day. I recognise that turn rates with folks living West of GMT might be limited.

10. How good of an opponent you are looking for.
Any. I don't mind a thrashing at the hands of a skilled opponent in a balanced game. Haven't played for nearly 3 years, and wasn't very good then!

Send me a file, I'll play it.
Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2009, 03:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-23-2009, 03:43 PM by Sissisimo.)
RE: UK daytime/early evening PBEM CMAK CMBB
Sounds great! I can promise good file-return-rate as well. Going to send you something. I havent played in almost 6 month so I'm little bit trusty.

Something what caught my eye. You don't like snipers? If your opponent is tank rusher shoot the leaders and laugh. I'm waiting for your reply if you dont like sniper it's fine by me.
09-23-2009, 08:34 PM,
RE: UK daytime/early evening PBEM CMAK CMBB
I have nothing against snipers as such (actually I LOVE them little guys), just not ONLY snipers vs. tanks :) Snipers don't hold ground that well when HE is dropping on their heads from 180 degrees! What I was trying to say was that I like to play where both sides have a 'fighting chance'.

Go ahead and send me a file :)